giving up here, car instantly dies

Miastang

Jul 4, 2020
Uk
Hi,

At first i went though idle surging list and have replaced tps with new, new iac, checked for leaks, replaced plugs, leads, distributor cap/rotor, tried base idle reset though still the same issues, i start the car it does its quick 2 seconds at 2000rpm and shuts off, i can keep it alive by holding foot on pedal and keeping the revs but the moment thats off its straight to shut off. Whats going on here?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

1990 5.0 70mm throttle/maf with cobra intake manifold and edelbrock rollin thunder cam, no other mods

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

At first i went though idle surging list and have replaced tps with new, new iac, checked for leaks, replaced plugs, leads, distributor cap/rotor, tried base idle reset though still the same issues, i start the car it does its quick 2 seconds at 2000rpm and shuts off, i can keep it alive by holding foot on pedal and keeping the revs but the moment thats off its straight to shut off. Whats going on here?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

1990 5.0 70mm throttle/maf with cobra intake manifold and edelbrock rollin thunder cam, no other mods

thanks!
What did you get for the code dump?
Both engine not running and engine running codes are needed to properly diagnose the problem.