Global West UCA question

Randy'65

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2000
Richmond, VA
I got a pair of slightly used GW upper control arms, and have some questions. They come with the bolts welded to the pivot shaft, and there is a large bar with two holes that goes between the pivot shaft and the shock tower. Even allowing for a few shims for alignment, the bolts are way too long, hitting my headers without being close to all the way in. The bolts are about 1/2" longer than stock. In some of the catalog pictures, it almost looks like there are some washers or spacers between the pivot bar and the other bar, which would take up some of the lenght. Can anybody that has these verify if there is something there, or am I missing something? I'm assuming that the guy I got them from hadn't changed the mounting bolts, all though they are a slightly larger diameter.

• Sponsors (?)

When I put mine on in 1994, I had to cut the bolts down to gain clearance for my headers.

Tim

Thanks for the reply. Do you remember if the bolt diameter was any bigger on the GW's? Also, I have a flat washer and a lock washer on each bolt. From some of the pictures I've seen, it looks like maybe the washer should go between the pivot shaft and the spacer bar. Does that sound familiar?