Fuel Replacing the Plastic Factory Fuel Line Push on Connectors

• Sponsors (?)

Potentially a Walbro GSS351G3 but the current pump is a GSS340. I am going to see how the 255 lph pump does with the rewire and the larger fuel lines. Last time the car was tuned we had to creep up on the fuel pressure. Tuner said the pump could be running out of beans and cautioned me to watch the plugs and pressure. Hasn't been a problem for the last couple of years but I haven't driven the car a lot. The fuel systems on these cars were never meant for the hp levels a lot of people are getting out of them and I have too much tied up in the motor to lean it out and cost me some serious money to fix it.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
I made a phone call to a friend to ask about that pump hanger, he had mixed reviews.
But he did say if you use one of the more powerful pumps with the bump out at the bottom it needs to be cut to fit it then strapped.
That rules it out for me.
Also worries me that it looks a bit like the D&D hanger that had the fittings break off randomly back in the day.
I'll just pay up for the holley 12-347 and then buy these fittings.
I have an 8 and a 6 and it comes with both. Should be able to pull off enough connectors that are on the car now and not need to buy any more.

I made a phone call to a friend to ask about that pump hanger, he had mixed reviews.
But he did say if you use one of the more powerful pumps with the bump out at the bottom it needs to be cut to fit it then strapped.
That rules it out for me.
Also worries me that it looks a bit like the D&D hanger that had the fittings break off randomly back in the day.
I'll just pay up for the holley 12-347 and then buy these fittings.
I have an 8 and a 6 and it comes with both. Should be able to pull off enough connectors that are on the car now and not need to buy any more.
The hanger looked like a good deal to me when I upgraded. However,like you said to run a Hellcat 525 you have to cut it and then find a way to strap it tight enough so it dont sit on the bottom of the tank. I did get everything to work but could not get the feed to stop leaking. Went with the Aeromotive setup and it's WAY better quality/design. Unfortunately they don't sell it without a pump so I have a brand new 340 I can't even use.

Good info and thank you both. Neither the GSS340 or GSS351G3 have the belled bottom so no mods should be necessary. Couple of things I will check is the installed height clearance to make sure the strainer is not smashed on the bottom of the tank and pressure test the fittings. I am not in a jam so if I do not like it I will send it back and go with the Pro-M hanger being I already have the pump.

So this was eating at me and I called Quantum and canceled the order. They were going to ship today so getting all the funds back. What pushed me over the edge was a couple of threads over on the Corral not necessarily bashing the Quantum hangers but not speaking to highly of their support. The other part is that I am increasing the feed and return lines to 3/8" so having 5/16" lines on the hanger was chewing at me as well. I do not want to deal with the hanger connections leaking either. I will never say that cost is not an issue but in this case I am definitely feeling you get what you pay for. Pro-M was twice the cost but I would rather have piece of mind so it is on its way to the house.

The quantum hanger was an sn95 repo with an fitting brazed onto it, pro-m had a larger return tube..... If you want a decent fuel system but not a sumped tank look into the 03-04 dual or triple pump tanks and a billet hat, its a bit pricey to do but probably the last fuel system you need if you run legit Ti pumps and good ptfe line.