• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

GM or Ford? Help Me!

  • Thread starter Thread starter redryan
  • Start date Start date Aug 24, 2005
R

redryan

New Member
Aug 24, 2005
0
0
0
Aug 24, 2005
#1
  • Aug 24, 2005
  • #1
Has anyone here purchased one of the new GT's on A plan or Z plan or whatever they want to call it. I see that the MSRP is around 25k for these cars... does anyone know how much I could get this car on A plan? My grandfather retired from Ford so I would get the discount. I will be getting commissioned in the Air Force soon and will be looking to get a new car. I was looking into getting an F-Body car, possibly a GTO, or one of the new GT's if I could get it at a low price. I know that these car's dont have as high of HP #'s as the LS1/LS2 cars stock for stock... but how do the new 3v motors respond to mods? I want to be able to stick this car into the mid 12's relatively quickly, and I know to get an LS1 car into the mid 12's is REALLY easy..... but I wouldnt have a warranty with an LS1 car either, and the new GTO's are over priced for me. SO I think that the GT is the way to go..... or should I just go buy a used 03 Cobra or something and stick a pulley on it! Please someone who knows a lot about these cars give me some insight or info....
 

PolkThug

Member
Nov 7, 2004
130
0
16
Somewhere voiding my warranty!
Aug 24, 2005
#2
  • Aug 24, 2005
  • #2
The A-plan will save you around $2900 off MSRP.
 
S

shooterm1

New Member
Jul 18, 2005
540
1
0
Milford, Pennsylvania USA
Aug 24, 2005
#3
  • Aug 24, 2005
  • #3
eligible?

PolkThug said:
The A-plan will save you around $2900 off MSRP.
Click to expand...

I was told that the 2005 Mustangs weren't eligible for A-plan sale to employees and family ...

has that changed for 2006?
 

dozlert

New Member
Nov 8, 2004
29
0
0
Nebraska
Aug 24, 2005
#4
  • Aug 24, 2005
  • #4
If you can find a used 04 GTO it will be very reasonable...lots of aftermarket parts!
 

PolkThug

Member
Nov 7, 2004
130
0
16
Somewhere voiding my warranty!
Aug 24, 2005
#5
  • Aug 24, 2005
  • #5
shooterm1 said:
I was told that the 2005 Mustangs weren't eligible for A-plan sale to employees and family ...

has that changed for 2006?
Click to expand...

You were told wrong.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
279
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
M
Help Needed
  • mgarcia7
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
113
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
mgarcia7
M
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
405
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
172
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?