GMP diecast no longer, new name.

• Sponsors (?)

Once I saw all the gmp mustangs and other cars he had I started looking for a 1993 Cobra in Vibrant red like mine, haven’t found one..
BB19D553-48E0-4C22-A9B3-91D3E2A20B6E.png

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
That's why I usually preorder them or grab them off eBay as soon as they are released. After the initial purchase, they usually climb in value but I few have stayed pretty flat.

I have enough that I really should get a nice display cAbinet and consider insuring them on my home owners policy.

This one still stands as my favorite with my teal '93 Cobra coming #2

IMG_6918.JPG

Btw, there are currently three available for preorder now. The red '92 vert limited edition, the '93 triple white LE convertible (yellow was already done) and a '88 GT vert modeled on the one that appeared in "married with children" in that episode where they are stuck in traffic for two days.

I ordered the 92 and 93 LE. Not sure about the other

Those are bad ass! You should put those out for display, I would. I had to result to building my own revell model of my white notch I used to have. I’d like to find a GT model and build one of my current car
C87AB912-039C-4663-BFC2-41A483293917.jpeg

I do have these. My grandmas uncle was a car salesman at a Pontiac dealership for a long time. These models were put out for display before the new model years were available for sale. Bonneville, Grand Prix, Firebird, 2 GTO’s. These are from 1965-1970.

Attachments

• F6991F3D-AF91-4F0E-93C6-AEFD8E285EF5.jpeg
    F6991F3D-AF91-4F0E-93C6-AEFD8E285EF5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
  • B58EB165-22A3-42C8-A0C9-E80EE2AC7BFB.jpeg
    B58EB165-22A3-42C8-A0C9-E80EE2AC7BFB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • 51C06CF7-7B98-4CFF-AC9F-9C82B3B43792.jpeg
    51C06CF7-7B98-4CFF-AC9F-9C82B3B43792.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
Reactions: 1 users
Like 5L5, my teal Cobra isn't going anywhere. I probably said it here before, but my wife got it for my birthday when we began dating so it's special. I might sell my Cobra R if they got up to $600+ though, then just replace it with 5 new ones :rlaugh:

I want to get the green Cobra drag car. A friend just grabbed the blue one for $110 at a trade show, it was the only one they had unfortunately.

Never saw the engine accessory, that'd be pretty awesome to have in a diorama displays if you do such a thing. I also didn't know about the 3 new pre-orders, thanks for the heads up. edit: I see the 2 LE editions, but where's the 3rd one you mentioned?

I want to get the green Cobra drag car. A friend just grabbed the blue one for $110 at a trade show, it was the only one they had unfortunately.

Never saw the engine accessory, that'd be pretty awesome to have in a diorama displays if you do such a thing. I also didn't know about the 3 new pre-orders, thanks for the heads up. edit: I see the 2 LE editions, but where's the 3rd one you mentioned?

The green one is rarer. 450 green, and 516 blue. .

The 3rd preorder is strange because it's not listed on the website. I only found out about it from the "Foxbody and SVT diecast" FB group where there's a guy who distributes a lot of the GMP cars. He's taking pre-orders for the married with children car. Pretty legit guy as many of the guys on that group have bought from him in the past.

If you search around, other pages also list the car available for preorder. (about halfway down)

https://www.diecastcompany.nl/manufacturer-details/gmp
https://www.toms.nl/article/gmp18904

Supposedly a red 1988 GT with grey interior.

However, since Acme's site doesn't list it, I decided to hold off. maybe it will be a later release? However Acme didn't list the engine on their site either but it's currently available on ebay for ~$20. I find that all the GMP models are easily found on ebay after they are released for MSRP sometimes with free shipping. So when it comes out, i'll just snag one on ebay.

Yeah I'm skipping that one. I only have 3 of their law enforcement cars; don't really care for them and there are too many at this point. I do want to get the other 93 LEs, though!

I skipped it as well. Not a fan of that old mold northback model. I've already got a few of them

I did preorder the LE's though.

There's a FB group on Fox diecast where a few guys have taken some of the GMP's and exchanged parts to make a 1:18 scale model of their car. One guy took the 1988 black GT and 1993 vermillion LX and swapped the interiors and painted the red one calypso green. So he made a black/black 1988 and a calypso 1993 with grey interior like his own car.

I wish they'd expand to a new mold or something unique instead of remixing their available molds. I'd love a T-top 1985 or Saleen model.

I skipped it as well. Not a fan of that old mold northback model. I've already got a few of them

I did preorder the LE's though.

There's a FB group on Fox diecast where a few guys have taken some of the GMP's and exchanged parts to make a 1:18 scale model of their car. One guy took the 1988 black GT and 1993 vermillion LX and swapped the interiors and painted the red one calypso green. So he made a black/black 1988 and a calypso 1993 with grey interior like his own car.

I wish they'd expand to a new mold or something unique instead of remixing their available molds. I'd love a T-top 1985 or Saleen model.

I always thought about making a custom one, even having one made by a customizer who replicates everything on your car, but never got around to either. Forgot about it until you mentioned it but maybe will put it back on the radar. I'd love a T-Top or Saleen. The Saleen would be sell out in no time!

Can you share the group you're talking about? I wouldn't mind browsing.

Ok. Got the married with children car.

I actually like this one. Wish it had pony wheels. GMP is selling the pony wheels and a stock 5.0 engine as accessories on their site as a preorder. I ordered a set of each

#264 of 630 made
IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9805.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG

Reactions: 4 users