Going Boss 302 347 Stroker kit

bchilt

Jan 7, 2007
Beaverton
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to let you guys know that you have been a huge help with modding my 94 GT. I asked you guys about suspension for a corner carver and got some great tips. My full length subframes, Bullitt suspension, MM caster/camber plates, and MM LCAs are almost done.

Phase II is the exhaust which will be Basanni X pipe w/ cats (we've got to do our part!) and Borla catback.

Phase III - Engine

I'm starting with the short block. If your foundation sucks, then all the power adder are a ticking time bomb. My dad has owned a couple of Boss 302s but has always run out of money when restoring them. The lesson I have learned is:

1) Take care of your family and responsibilities
2) With your Mustang, don't cut corners.

I'm going with the Boss 302 347 Stroker. This is a Forged crank and forged pistons with the 4-bolt main. It's a pretty penny but it's an investment in safety and I don't think you can go wrong with what's been proven on the track.

After the short block, I'm going with the Edelbrock Performer RPM Power Package (1500-6500 rpms).

White Devil, I think you are running these heads and also a 347 Stroker. What gears are you running? I'm running 3.27s. Note that this car is a Daily Driver!

With this project, I want to keep you guys up to date with what's happening. I have learned a lot from you and value your feedback.

Thanks again and you guys take care!

bchilt

• Sponsors (?)