Going to buy a 2010 Camaro

The F-body owners still talk about how their WS6 would blow away the GTs on the road, but you have to remember that from 03-08, there were no Camaros...

I agree that Ford just has to keep the Mustang affordable and lightweight. The engine needs to sip gas and produce just enough horsepower (300-350 hp). The Challenger SRT-8 and Camaro SS would be radical rides but they won't last long if no one buys them. Gearheads are a niche market.

• Sponsors (?)

Still as I can tell Dodge still has not started to released their 2008 Challengers..
My friends is still waiting for his and I heard Dodge is having a problem...
Hummmm we will see when Sept or late 2008 what Ford will be putting out?
I hope that even if they have the 4.6,Ford will and I hope wiill increase the HP fot the 2010s stang Gts....
All three motor companys are going to have problems,since Oil already hit the $135 a barrel mark and $150 before summers end...
I think we will see $5 a gallion gas before summers end....
In many parts of the country its aready $4.50 a gallion.
I am sure there are going to be many great deals on whatever car you get.....

I tend not to worry about the first model year or two, especially if its just a revision rather than all new platform.

Cars are such crapshoots anyways. You can take a Honda, Toyota, or anything with a rock solid mechanical reputation, and have problems with it all year, and meanwhile you take a car known for breaking down all the time and never have a problem with it.

What Markups??????
When I stang Gt came out,Dodge and GM didnot have cars unless
you want to talk about the Grandam,,,opps I mean GTO.
Dealers from GM and Dodge will not Get MSRP for the Camaro or the challenger.
In sept Dodge will make as many as they can of the challenger,market will be flooded.
GM will do the same thing with the Camaro,they will flood the market with Ford.
And many people will not be able to afford the price of Gas,Gas will be $5 before summers end and $6 before Xmas.Gas prices will be at $10 in the next 2-3 years with the taxes they are adding with the globel warming tax of a $1.50 each gallion you get.
Sooooo I would think you are going to have many V8 autos on dealers lots very soon that will just be sitting there for months and no buyers.

Red, that's true, doesn't always apply. Typically though the ones a few years down the line don't have as many TSB's and maybe a few options added that were really sought after. I consider my 08 GT vert just about perfect in every way.
As far as markups, well, the dealers I saw here in Southern California were adding $5,000 to MSRP for the first year, I don't know about after that. AAA wasn't offering their buying program on them, either. When I just bought my 08, I custom ordered it and got it for $500 under invoice through the AAA program, and I'm sure it's because it isn't as popular as it was that first year or two.
I love the look of the new Transformer, I mean Camaro. :) The Challenger, too. I'm sure they will be great cars, and I hope they don't suffer the same fate as the previous F-body cars from GM. They have got to be sweating bullets bringing out two muscle cars with oil going like it is.

latest promo picture from our bowtie wearing friends of their Comaro Convertible

image_mid4.jpg

there is little doubt that this thing will sell well above $50K with the dealer mark ups ....

(I hope that the salesmen keep a supply of business cards for the Ford Dealer down the street to give their discouraged potential buyers)

I highly doubt it will retail over 50k. There were people saying the retro Mustang in 05 would have sold for 50k plus with markups and it didn't even come close to that. Somebody might get suckered for buying it at 40k, but I would bet most of the Camaro's sell at or around the 30k mark if not lower. Especially with how the car companies are doing.

And my bet is that the Camaro will get close to 30mpg if not better. GM's displacement on demand technology is absolutely fantastic and I have no doubt that it will obliterate the Mustang GT in the gas mileage department.

it won't get very far looking as ugly as that. Thats not that retro, more like a disfigured 69. It's fugly.

Question, why does subwaytrain constantly come on here and bad mouth ford in some way? hes made like 3 or 4 threads with the same old bullsh**

One of my best friends just started working for SLP as an engineer. He said they are supposed to be getting one of the first Camaros, if not the first, off the line so that they can work on it for one of the GM execs (I think thats what he told me). Don't know any details behind the vehicle or why they are getting it beyond what I posted, and given that my friend only started a week ago, who knows how accurate his info is. I'll keep you updated.

I highly doubt it will retail over 50k. There were people saying the retro Mustang in 05 would have sold for 50k plus with markups and it didn't even come close to that. Somebody might get suckered for buying it at 40k, but I would bet most of the Camaro's sell at or around the 30k mark if not lower. Especially with how the car companies are doing.

And my bet is that the Camaro will get close to 30mpg if not better. GM's displacement on demand technology is absolutely fantastic and I have no doubt that it will obliterate the Mustang GT in the gas mileage department.

Wow, it took a long time to read through this whole thread... seems pretty full of people guessing at what the new engines will put out, and how the Camaro and Challenger will perform. It's hard to tell who is guessing and who actually has hard facts.
Anyway, a couple of times gas mileage was brought up and I wanted to add to it. I recently took a ride to my parents house 30 miles away. I set the cruise at just over 65. Then I hit reset on the MPG calculator. I managed 30.0 MPG (on the nose) in both directions. I can't imagine the 400 hp engines getting much better than that.

Since there is so much guessing going on, I'm going to add my own thoughts. I'd suggest (to the person who started this thread a while back) that you wait for the 2015 Mustang. I've heard it's going to have a 7.1 liter engine, have 800 hp and get 45+ mpg, and they are planning to try to price it comparable to the prices for the 1980 mustangs...
I know. I'm an a$$.

The tranny/gears will make a difference on the gas mileage. I have a friend with an '04 Corvette ZO6 (405HP) that gets 35MPG going down the highway. In sixth gear he's loping down the road at like 1400 RPM. It's disgusting. That's the same mileage Mom gets out of her Honda Accord.

Look guys, there is NO WAY the general is going to sell a 400 horse Camaro for $30k. How many vettes do you think they're going to sell if you can get the same motor in a Camaro for 10 grand less? No way, the LS3 Camaro will retail just under the vette and will have a token change (intake?, exhaust manifold?) so that it's rated a few ponies less than the vette, that's the way it's always been.