Going to sell my car. How much should do you think its worth

rushracing

Nov 13, 2003
Boston
Going to sell my car. How much do you think its worth

Hi. I have a 1996 mustang gt and I'm thinking of selling it. Its bright tangerine limited color. This one is number 735. The car was repainted in the summer of 07. It has 90,000miles. It is in very good shape for the year. I’ve owned this car for 5 years and I only drive it in the late spring and summer then its stored for the rest of the time. I know that aftermarket parts dont add much money but i figured i would list them
Modifications/aftermarket parts
Engine
o C&L upper intake plenum
o Accufab throttle body
o C&L inlet pipe
o Custom made x-pipe with 2 high flow Magnaflow cats
o Flowmaster mufflers
o Optima yellow top battery
Exterior
o Cobra r hood
o Cobra bumper
o Smoked headlights and corner lights
o HID headlight conversion
o 17 inch Cobra r chrome wheels with Pirelli tires
o 17 inch Gt wheels with Falken tires (winter wheels)
Interior
o Custom black and orange leather seats
o Triple pod gauges on pillar
o Alpine cd player
o Boston Acoustics component speakers in the front doors
o Boston Acoustics component speakers in the rear deck
o 4 channel amplifier powering them
The car also had the transmission rebuilt in the 2 years ago. New heavy duty clutch installed in the summer of spring of 08.

2192231_23_full.jpg

The pics i have of the car are a little old but it does have a 96 cobra bumper and a 95 cobra r hood on it.

So what do u think if i sell i should ask for??

• Sponsors (?)

I'd start at $8K and see what you get

It's also the worst time of year to sell a Mustang in New England. I'd wait til spring time, you'd have an easier time of it.

Sorry no one is going to pay $8,000 for a 96 GT with 90K miles. Orange paint isnt going to add $3K to the value of the car.

I guess its possible, but if you are holding out for that much you may have it a while.

Btw i priced your car on edmunds.com with every available option and in outstanding condition even with the orange paint...

Trade-in - $2723

Private - $3695

Dealer Retail - $5416

Good luck with 8K