Good Deal on Wilwood Disc Brake Kit.

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I came across, what I think to be, a good deal on a wilwood front disc brake kit. I thought I'd share.

It is from a vendor on Ebay. The list price for the front disc brake kit is $651. I know, the same price summit and jegs has it listed for. However, he includes stainless steel brake lines, and a wilwood proportion valve. He also sellls the Dual master cylinder for $60 more. Shipping and handling is also free anywhere in the lower 48.

Is that a good deal or is there some place cheaper out there?

Let me know as I am thinking of purchasing this kit.

Shane

• Sponsors (?)

Looks Good

I saw this on ebay also. It looks like a nice brake kit at a pretty good price. I am also thinking about getting it. I wonder how much more the vented cross drilled rotors cost.

I know from summit and Jegs the crossdrilled/vented rotors cost $100 more. I think they come standard vented.

There is also an option to get the calipers polished. That costs $129 more. I think I will just polish my own if I get it.

As for the cross drilled and vented, I dont think its worth the extra cost for a street car. JMO

indeed

I have seen this guy and posted earlier last week about this in a granada question.

He is one of Wilwoods largest retailers. I did confirm he is a retailer with Wilwood.

I was seriously considering this kit

Wilwoods 651
SSBC 799
Granada not a whole heck of a lot cheaper than Wilwoods...

Wilwoods do increase your track like 3/8 of an inch so watch for backspacing.

blascrw said:
I have seen this guy and posted earlier last week about this in a granada question.

He is one of Wilwoods largest retailers. I did confirm he is a retailer with Wilwood.

I was seriously considering this kit

Wilwoods 651
SSBC 799
Granada not a whole heck of a lot cheaper than Wilwoods...

Wilwoods do increase your track like 3/8 of an inch so watch for backspacing.

I never thought about the backspacing. Especially since I have the wheel adapters. If they (the wilwoods) are going to move my wheels out 3/8"...I guess I could just take that much extra meat off the back of my spacers if needed.

blascrw said:
I am not sure on other models. I am going off of GT350clone's web site.

And sorry it is 1/2" I was incorrect in my memory...

http://www.sunflower.com/~vervaecke/Brakes.htm

read about it...also has info on his experiences with the Granada setup.

Also Wilwoods will not work with 14" wheels for anyone else reading this thread.

Ron

Ron,

You were right the first time. Its 3/8" wider track on either side for the wilwoods in the front. The disc brakes used in the rear increased the width by 1/2" on either side.

The way he has his auction set up, you dont have to bid. Its all "buy it now"

Skywalker....indeed, $651 is the standard price, but he offers a wilwood prop. valve, stainless steel brake lines, the hardware for the brake lines, and free shipping. Thats where the real deal is!

How difficult was it to install this kit?

Mustangs do have an 11.75" rotor for this kit.

CAUTION THOUGH EVERYONE:::
I MUST SAY THIS (and I guess i have to put this on all my threads now) ...I am not 'WORKING' for this guy on Ebay. I am not 'PLUGGING' his item for him. I just wanted to share the link I found. I dont want to be accused of anything by the ALMIGHTY RACER HISTORICMUSTANG or OSZUM2