Roush Good Deal?

I found this 03 S281 convertable with 6k miles for 33k. I dont really know much about these cars and have searched this forum but didint exacly find what I was looking for. How reliable are these cars? Any common problems I should be aware of? Is it worth the 33k asking price? Heres a pic.

Seller said:
This Saleen has only 6000 miles. This is #156 out of 402 total Saleens made that year. The color is Red Fire with Dark Charcoal interior. Saleen says the car makes 375hp and 415 tq. Original Saleen window sticker, manuals, maintenance guide, warranty guide, handbook and Saleen car cover are included. Sticker price was over $50,000. This car has always been stored in the garage and never driven in the rain or snow. Included is a 2 piece Speedster Tonneau cover that can fit in the trunk and comes with 2 cases for the covers. Has the Saleen light bar. I have the owner registry letter from Saleen that states this Saleen is 1 of only 2 cars made with that color and options. There is a little less than a year left to the factory and Saleen warranty.

Saleen installed 4 brand new rims on the car a week ago because of factory defects. Car is in perfect condition and a head turner.

Has all the standard options – factory 6 disc CD changer w/ Mach audio system, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, traction control, power drivers seat, air conditioning, Saleen 200mph Speedometer, and Saleen white face gauges including boost and intercooler temp.

View attachment 493769

Thanks in advance,

• Sponsors (?)

This car has been on ebay many times. I've also seen on the Performance Autosport site. Try to see if he will go down even lower on the price. I think the only Saleen option on that car is the chrome rims.

mkazm83 said:
I found this 03 S281 convertable with 6k miles for 33k. I dont really know much about these cars and have searched this forum but didint exacly find what I was looking for. How reliable are these cars? Any common problems I should be aware of? Is it worth the 33k asking price?

Thanks in advance,

NADA Lists...
Low Retail at $26,700
Average Retail at $34,000
High Retail at $36,000

However, if you look at the recent Saleen sales and talk to dealers like Mark at PAS, they haven't been selling all that great. I say offer him $28,000 and see where it goes from there. It has been up for sale for quite a while.

Thanks for the input. Getting the title from the guy proved to be overwhelming due to the finance company he decided to go through so I decided to move on. I went to Villa Ford here in Orange County and decided to get a 06 281 SC convertible in Satin Silver. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.
Thanks again.

mkazm83 said:
Thanks for the input. Getting the title from the guy proved to be overwhelming due to the finance company he decided to go through so I decided to move on. I went to Villa Ford here in Orange County and decided to get a 06 281 SC convertible in Satin Silver. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.
Thanks again.

Once you get your 06, you need to join us for a show or cruise. There are a few fellow Saleen owners that live very close to you. I grew up where my parents still live in Costa Mesa about a block away from the OC Fair Grounds and I recently bought a house in Anaheim Hills about 1/2 mile away from Villa Ford. Let me know when you will be picking up the new toy and I can cruise by in my white one.......:D

I paid $33K for my 02 S281E and it had 4600 miles on it.

I think that the book value from NADA is shooting them a little high as it had mine booked at $44K in excellent condition and I believe low book was $37K.

At $33 I don't think I got hurt at all, expecially when you see what SC's and NA cars are selling for......

Good luck with that 06', I'm sure it will be a sweet ride.