Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
This explans why my rearend was sitting a 1/2" over towards the driver side

123313.jpg

123314.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

My rear end sits 1/2" to the passenger side but the bushings are fine. :D

Chris, how did you notice? Was there a relative change or do you have the rear-end located laterally and it went askew? Just curious.

With the power you're putting through both stangs (esp the SN), I'm not surprised.

Actually the dead give away at 1st which i didnt get was when the rearend went over..I was like ???

After visual inspection everything looked fine under the car..then my driver rear tire was destroyed (as it was outboard a 1/2") and the inner fender lip cut into the tire sidewall ruining it when the car would transfer under WOT.
Then after the trubo the car started clunkin something fierce out back everytime the tires would spin (unload), I pulled the uppers off only to find the bushings trashed..my arms cover the bushing up almost completey so none of this was visable from a quick visual inspection.

I also noticed the car getting outta shape way worse than before but thought that was from the turbo, which I'm sure it is but the blown bushings werent helping any at all

Crap man - that's a hoot! Not that breaking parts or you having to spend money is funny, but it's a badge of courage, ya know. :D

Good luck with all the beefing and gusseting back there. The new bushings should be fun. :banana:

i'm running the same bushings on my car and unfortunately i still have the same problem of the rear being more towards the driver side, so much that it cut up my tire pretty good, the same as i'm sure happened to your tire. does anyone out there in the world of mustangs know of a way to fix that without going to panhard type suspension? i'm using 1 inch wheel spacers so i was thinking of maybe getting the driver side spacer milled down, if thats even possible.