Good Shorty Headers?

gt stang 08

Feb 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am looking at the bbk shorty headers for an 08 gt, to go with a magnaflow catted x-pipe and magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Anybody know if these will be good with that setup or can recommend a set of shorty headers with decent power gains? On further note anyone have the bbk shortys for 05-09 gt, and if so how do you like them?

• Sponsors (?)

The factory H pipe flows extremely well, and shorty headers give you minimal gains. If you didn't purchase anything yet your best bet for HP will be long tubes. You will pay a bit more for long tube system as you will with shorty's and a "high flow" H pipe but will get more power with long tubes.

I have BBK shorty headers. I put them on Feb. '09 with the stock H pipe and the FRPP tuner. Made the car rumble louder and felt minimum performance gains. In July I added the BBK high flow catted x-pipe. Made the car sound noticeably louder but with the same FRPP tune I lost low end power. Finally this year I bought a X3 from Brenspeed(which I should have done from the beginning) and got the low end power back and much more. I live in a state with strict emission laws so I didn't feel comfortable chancing long tubes but that's the way to go if you can. Can't wait till 2027 when I won't have to worry about this anymore.