Google Video

• Sponsors (?)

If you hit a full-grown deer at 190mph and it's going to be extremely rough, but a I think you'd survive a little rabbit. Just don't swerve. And don't ask me to volunteer to test that theory.

190mph seems ridiculously fast. When I think through it, that's no more than 25mph faster than I've been on a public road, and when you've got that much hp, I imagine it comes pretty quickly. Still, I think we're talking about speeds I wouldn't want to go unless I had an opportunity to do a thorough inspection of the car before-hand.

I did 145 indicated (actual speed was probably 5-10 MPH off) in my 95 and that was downright scary. The worst part was how reckless I was about it, since there was other traffic around. Never again on a public roadway. :nonono:

Thankfully, I've got a serious drive train vibration in my car that really starts humming at about 110mph (it feels like I’m driving a paint shaker by the end of the quarter mile. :D ), so it prevents me from really stretching the legs on the Cougar for a top speed run. But I'm sure given the amount of power I'm making, the 3.27 gears out back and the low drag coefficient of the car itself compared to a Mustang, touching 170mph wouldn't be out of the question.

I did 145 indicated (actual speed was probably 5-10 MPH off) in my 95 and that was downright scary. The worst part was how reckless I was about it, since there was other traffic around. Never again on a public roadway. :nonono:

i did about 150 in my truck, on the way to vegas, NOT fun at all, a truck that large was never meant to go that fast, but i have been upwards of 170 in a SL63 and it didnt even feel like i was going 90

Not saying I haven't gone 150+ (will never do it again, seen too many people I know die) but it doesn't seem smart to attempt that there, now the Texas mile or the salt flats, that would be a damn good time

Seems like the same type of people that stand right at the edge of the ticker tape during rally, or BAJA events in Mexico and Europe then want to sue the world when one of them loses it and fly’s into the crowd.

That was actually my second thought. Those rally fans are insane!

IF he lost control, can you imagine how long it would take to come to a stop...now that would be like a paint shaker

Textured semi-gloss red...

this may be a bit off topic, but does anyone else notice the ridiculous questions/comments people make on car videos on google or youtube? it drives me insane i swear