Got a couple of q's with maf and injectors

I am in the process of building a 331 to put in my '66. I have a 5.0 block, nodular stroker kit and am going to be using a TFS stage 2 cam, TW heads, track heat intake set, 75mm TB, long tubes w/x-pipe. Will 30#'ers flow enough, without pegging the fuel pressure to 60psi, or am I going to need to step up to 36#'ers. If I need to get 36's, has anyone else thought about using a supercoupe maf? I know they are 75 or 80mm and come from the factory with 36# injectors. Just seems like that would be a good way to go rather than "fool" the ecu with an aftermarket maf. Thanks for the replys.....

• Sponsors (?)

To my knowledge, NONE of the A9x series of computers were setup to run 30 or 36 lb injectors. This supercoupe that you speak of must then, not be an A9x EEC. So... if it's not an A9x the using a meter from another EEC will not get you the plug and playability that you're looking for.

Meters are not designed for specific sized injector. They are designed with a transfer function that is then loaded in to the EEC. That EEC program determines the pulsewidth of a specific sized injector for the application that it's installed in.

In other words: There really is no such thing as a meter calibrated for an injector. Aftermarket meters have modified transfer functions so that the injector pulsewidth is modified to coincide with the engine combo and EEC.

For the rest of your question:

30's should be plenty. You have the option of running a modified meter or recalibrating the EEC or both. For your app... I might go with either Lightning meter and custom tune, or a PMAS meter and no tune.