Got a great compliment today!

stangtrooper97

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
King of Prussia
Well tonight I was leaving my gf's house and walking to my car. My gf lives in one of those communities where people pretend to be rich but really aren't, driving their entry level luxury brands. It is the kind of place where people move in to show off, then move 3 months later because they can't afford the house. So anyway, I was approached by a woman walking her dog. She comes up to me and says
"You really should get your muffler checked, you wake up the whole neighborhood and someone might have to call the police."
I laughed and replied
"yes maam, I'll be sure to check that out" and left.
Now I'm respectful when I drive in her neighborhood, keeping it under 1500 RPMs. Sometimes you just gotta laugh and thank god I live in a neighborhood of car guys.

I took her comment as a compliment because she is the busy body kind of woman who annoy all of us for having nice cars.

• Sponsors (?)

I would have piped her and scared teh **** outta the dog when I was leaving. But you're gonna get that from time to time with these kinda cars, most people I come across want me to rev it up or do a burnout.

I know my car is fairly loud but my old one was louder and nobody ever complained about it. :shrug: Plus I got 4 real compliments within 20 minutes a few weeks ago so I'm not worried. I just hope she doesn't bitch to my gf's homeowners association. God I hate HOA's.

CatmanJJ said:
I would have piped her and scared teh **** outta the dog when I was leaving. But you're gonna get that from time to time with these kinda cars, most people I come across want me to rev it up or do a burnout.
most people I come across just stare at the shaker trying to figure out what it is :rlaugh:

but yeah, I don't get any complaints round here :cool: