got a new 5.0 but have some problems

diponyou

Oct 30, 2007
well i was previously a member of this forum but i sold my 5.0 joined the army and the rest is history.well heres the story.

i bought a 88 notch 5.0,base model,no a/c,power anything.bbk springs,pro 5.0 shifter,o/r hpipe,flows,its awesome.i also have some subframe connectors on the way.

but once i started looking over it i noticed something very bad.it has rust on the strut towers and floorboards and rear wheel wells.:bang: .i feel like an idiot,im really only concerned with the rust on the strut towers.is this a fixable problem or is it too much.the rust is pretty bad.i love this car though and really dont want to have to get rid of it i would rather just fix it in the future.

what do ya think?

• Sponsors (?)

well...anything can be fixed...but its a matter of is it worth it...depends on your car...if you can do the work your self and have the time fix it up. pics would help alot though...

ugh that's a serious problem considering the strut towers are a main strucural component. To fix will require blasting down the bare metal, trimming and welding in new steel and paint.

If anything, now is the time to fix it.

Check to make sure the torque boxes in the rear aren't starting to tear