Got A Thumbs Down By A Cobalt SS/SC

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Well a blue SS/SC pulls up beside me today heading back from Fort Wayne and the passenger gave me a :notnice: with a big grin on his face and then the driver down shifts a takes off. I wait for a clear road and I just lay into it a little nothing crazy but enough to let him know I’m nothing to mess with. Then the driver pulls up beside me and starts saying how nice my car was and that he didn’t want to race me because he didn’t realize I was blown. I couldn’t believe it they start the race and then don’t have the balls to finish it. This is the second SS/SC that has backed out of a race because they found out I had a supercharger. These Cobalts only pick on cars they think/know they can beat it’s a joke.

There is also another Cobalt in town who had been talking s**t, so I called him out last year. Well he had one excuse after another until I put my car up for winter and then all of the sudden he ready to race. Well now I’m back on the street and he doesn’t want to race me because “my car isn’t even street legal” these Cobalt owners are really starting to piss me off.

Just needed to get this off my chest, by the way has anyone else ran into one of these SS/SC Cobalts?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, that's too bad man. Im suprised that they just assume they can beat a stang when they see it - i mean they should have at least heard your exhaust. It's not like they're driving an LS1 - i dont get it. Do these things run sub 13.5's?

The kid that was talking smack to me last year was running 14.73 at the track with the stage 2 kit. I will give him the fact that the track prep was **** and everyone was spinning badly. So even if he ran a whole hole second slower, wich I highly doubt, that would only put him at a 13.73.

I just laughed at the fact that these bitches today start a race and even have the gull to give me a thumbs down and then back out because they realized I would destroy them.

You guys need to check out there forums every one on there talks about how they beat GTs and LS1 cars. They always are saying were no big deal to beat and then thats all they ever talk about beating. I have not once read about one beating a Vette or any other high performance car.

bah!!! Just do like I do...you look at there car and tell them how sweet they are, how nice is the aero brake (I mean wing) and how you are looking forward to buy one as a winter beater because they got good gas mileage... (I presume you have snow since you store your car for winter...). Its not that these car totally sucks....its just the punk ass that bought them doesnt know how to drive or just think; dang im supacharged and I beat my friend's civic (everyone knows that civic > any other car ever made)....Anyways las time I meet one I beat by 3 car lenght (I was still in first and he was in third!?!?!?!?!?!)....at the nest stoplight he ask me what I did to my car and I said nothing its just a plain Probe GT with blown o2 sensor that I use as a winter beater instead of my Mustang GT.......The look on his face was priceless.....

P.S.: Before someone start about street racing, the top of my first is like 70km/h so i wasn't going faster then ~65 km/h...how the hell did he had time to shift twice!?!?!?!??!! (Maybe he is used to drive big truck with 20+ speeed?!?!)

so, cobalt SS is the new Neon SRT?

No, the neon actually has some potential, isn't a chevy, and if you're driving a stock gt can wipe the grin off of your face. I don't own one, and I don't see myself ever owning one. It's still a neon after all. However, those things are quick little cars and credit is due where credit is earned. However, the cobalt ss from what I've seen merely disappoints on a daily basis. Cobalt FTL :notnice:

How did he know you're running FI? You have a fender/trunk badge or someting?

Well I have a little Vortech Sticker on my back window and 12 Second Club on my 1/4 windows. I would say that he heard the blower though.

The Supercharged Cobalts are pretty peppy but a mild bolt on GT would easly beat one. My friends brother has one and they would be a sweet DD but not something I would drive around thinking its the baddest car on the streets, which these guys think. Its really a drivers race aginst a stock GT though.

i was nosing around the cobalt forums after i read this one for curiousity. the stock 2.0 charged motors do put down between 218-221whp ( few threads with dyno slips ). which ain't bad. BUT if i remember right, they only make about 175-180lb ft of torque to the ground. also, those 220 ponies are made at 6500rpm.