Got an automatic? No high stall TC?

zoma

Founding Member
May 22, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Then go get one you noobie! :banana: . Day and night difference! Now I just have to launch it properly :D .

On the plus side, if I just drive normal, it acts exactly like my old one :nice: .

And another big thanks to Brent over at 2kool for hooking me up with the part. :hail2:

The only downside was, I was having problems starting the car before having the TC installed. Turns out my flywheel and starter were missing teeth :mad:. So I had to go buy those and replace'em as well.

• Sponsors (?)

Boss 351 said:
Cool dealio! Do you have a shift kit and whatnot too? Sounds like fun :)

Yeah. Lentech Valve body installed (www.lentechautomatics.com) and the B&M Hammer Shifter for 94-95 (www.bmracing.com). This torque converter I got is the new one in the Ford Racing catalog, its a 3000 stall for AODE. My sources tell me its actually a rebranded B&M Holeshot 3000, for a fraction of the price.

zoma said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I'll be in the "in the rearview mirror" category instead of "the joggers that passed you said I should send a tow truck" category :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: .

lol2.gif

:D No but seriously I'm curious to see how fast it accelerates. we'll have to go on Carling Av. though, seems that it's the only place I can hook :nonono:

Stangfreak95 said:
lol2.gif

:D No but seriously I'm curious to see how fast it accelerates. we'll have to go on Carling Av. though, seems that it's the only place I can hook :nonono:

I tried launching it at 3000 rpm and I roasted a lot of tire :D . I'll have to have my DS loop fully in by the weekend so I can run ET Drags.

zoma said:
I tried launching it at 3000 rpm and I roasted a lot of tire :D . I'll have to have my DS loop fully in by the weekend so I can run ET Drags.

BTW,screw the weekend at Luskville cause it's closed again. :nonono:
See for yourself..

We should go to Sanair this weekend. I know I wont be able to make it next weekend at Luskville....Girlfriend thing. :notnice:
I'll try to find out if there's something on Saturday (time trials) but I know the races are on Sunday. But this Sunday is the "BIG" weekend so I dont think it's the best day to go...

Stangfreak95 said:
BTW,screw the weekend at Luskville cause it's closed again. :nonono:
See for yourself..

We should go to Sanair this weekend. I know I wont be able to make it next weekend at Luskville....Girlfriend thing. :notnice:
I'll try to find out if there's something on Saturday (time trials) but I know the races are on Sunday. But this Sunday is the "BIG" weekend so I dont think it's the best day to go...

Sanair might be good too, but I think you'd better have your DS loop in by then :D .

My only issue is I'm going to see George Thorogood in Ottawa on Friday night. I may be rather intoxicated, and thus hungover the next day :D .

Stangfreak95 said:
It'S the biggest Saturday of the year for Nappierville. Not a good choice to run many runs. Really crowded apparently.

I guess we'll have to cruise around in town. I think MontrealFive0 is coming down this weekend. :D

Bring your FRS this time Mario. If he has one, tell him to bring it too :D .

I'll pack my FRS and my Gtech :lol: . Now we just need a nice straight road with no bumps to practice on. For uhm... the uh.. barbeque. Yeah that's it. :banana:

edit: Its gonna suck driving on my roasted tires though -- no tracton!

Would you care to disclose the price of the converter? maybe a link to it? if not a pm will do! ;)

On a side note, im looking for a used converter, dont have alot of money to spend on this auto..just want something better then stock..if anyone has anything, please pm me!

Scott_B said:
Would you care to disclose the price of the converter? maybe a link to it? if not a pm will do! ;)

On a side note, im looking for a used converter, dont have alot of money to spend on this auto..just want something better then stock..if anyone has anything, please pm me!

Well, the bad news is, the one I have is incompatible for your car (My 95 has an AODE, yours would be an AOD).

The good news is, the AODE's tend to be the pricey ones -- the AOD's can be cheaper.

I can look up the part numbers for ya, if you know what stall you want. I got mine through 2Kool Performance (SpencB on this forum).

zoma said:
Bring your FRS this time Mario. If he has one, tell him to bring it too :D .

I'll pack my FRS and my Gtech :lol: . Now we just need a nice straight road with no bumps to practice on. For uhm... the uh.. barbeque. Yeah that's it. :banana:

edit: Its gonna suck driving on my roasted tires though -- no tracton!

yes I'll bring the radios. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna buy brand new batteries for them :banana:

I'll call Mike tonight to see if he has any.

I might do a little cruising too.

However, while taking a hit (pricewise) at the gas pump this morning, I took a second hit. A stupid salop behind me hit me while I was waiting for the attendant to come back with my cedit card. Not much damage, a little paint scape on the bumper. However, this dumb BEECH from Alberta has no insurance and I don't wanna take a hit for the insurance.. :notnice: :( :notnice: :mad:

I also know that she has no money and is trying to get welfare here in Quebec.
I know people need a car to find a job around here, but I think I'm going to the police station tonight to let them know there is an Alberta plated car here with no insurance. :bang:

QCStang said:

However, while taking a hit (pricewise) at the gas pump this morning, I took a second hit. A stupid salop behind me hit me while I was waiting for the attendant to come back with my cedit card. Not much damage, a little paint scape on the bumper. However, this dumb BEECH from Alberta has no insurance and I don't wanna take a hit for the insurance.. :notnice: :( :notnice: :mad:

I know people need a car to find a job around here, but I think I'm going to the police station tonight to let them know there is an Alberta plated car here with no insurance. :bang:

I'm still in the house, what the gas price this morning ?

That sucks about the scratch thing. Do something, if you're not getting involved in the accident declaration, at least make her spend some money some way. Tell her to sell her body for a night and then she'll be able to pay you. :D

QCStang said:

I heard about this. You should snap pictures and have the police contacted immediately.

Stangfreak95 said:
That sucks about the scratch thing. Do something, if you're not getting involved in the accident declaration, at least make her spend some money some way. Tell her to sell her body for a night and then she'll be able to pay you. :D

I know the person who hit him. Believe me, the only way she can sell her body for a night to pay for damages, is if the damages are 25 cents :lol: