Got into a wreck.....

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Hey guys, bad news. got into an accident today at lunch. just started raining and i went to change lanes, tried to accelerate and the car just spun. slid across the freeway back end hit a van. slid up onto the grass and front end hit i sign. tons of damage. probably gonna be totalled out. how does that work ? they cut a check for the worth of the car? and i have a buy out option? i know i atleast want the tko600. anyway, i'm ok. thats what matters most...

• Sponsors (?)

Damn that sucks. But you are fine so thats good.

usually if its its totaled they give you what its worth, and if you want you can buy it from them for dirt cheap.

If your airbags went off then it is more than likely totaled. Then body damage = definetly totaled.

Were those your mods on the sig the for sale ones?? If so that sucks!!! At least your ok....They should give a buy it back option and if they dont and you want to keep it Im sure you can fight to keep it

Yea guys the car as it sits at the collision place now has an explore motor with Ed's custom turbo cam(its running n/a), bullit(cobra) front brakes, tko600 tranny, brand new centerforce clutch, 3.73 rear, 18" mach 1's(one is busted though), the hood and thats pretty much it.

I've been pondering what i'd want to do and i guess those parts will only be of real use to me if i get another 94-95. I wouldnt mind getting a 94-95 drop top, but then again i've ALWAYS wanted a 98-02 trans am, or a 96+ cobra. I guess it depends on what the buy back cost is, im not sure if it'd be worth the hastle to get it, and try to part it out to get back ahead money wise. I sure would hate for that tranny to go to waste though.

Any insurance company tricks u know of?

Lol

If they total it out, go take the tranny out of it before they tow it from the garage.

When my father totaled his Z06, he had me go to the garage and pull the new exhaust and short throw shifter that he put on just before he wrecked. I knew the guys at the garage, so they didn't care, but the insurance company never said anything.

Lol

If they total it out, go take the tranny out of it before they tow it from the garage.

When my father totaled his Z06, he had me go to the garage and pull the new exhaust and short throw shifter that he put on just before he wrecked. I knew the guys at the garage, so they didn't care, but the insurance company never said anything.
+1
When my brother's '95 was totalled, we went and took the wheels off of it and put some stockers back on, the guys at the impound really didnt care.

I dont have a spare T-5 lying around. Even if i did, its 10 spline. The clutch setup is 26. So it wouldnt be a quick swap. And im sure they'd notice there is no tranny anymore....lol.

you'd be suprised.

my buddy got ramshackled by some lady in a benz--they totaled his car but it was still driveable. he had it towed to the back lot of our dealer where over the course of the next 2 days we proceeded to spray(fog directly from the bottle actually) 2 full 10lb bottles of nitrous though it which eventually led to a ventilated block and NO rear tires left---sparkin rim burnouts ftw.

yeah, they towed it away and never said a damn thing.

dude that blows goats. i had the same thing happen to me last year and my car was totaled and the accident wasnt even my fault. if you have full coverage on your car, the insurance company will give you the book value on your car and you can fight it but theres not much you can do. i dunno how your insurance in your state works but i fought with mine for about 4 months and go nowhere. they told me my performance upgrades actually made the value of the car go down.

They'll prolly give you $3-$4k for it. Prolly around $500 for the buyback and they'll just take that off the payout that they give you. Even if you arent going to get another 94/5, you can get some $$$ for those parts. I recommend that you get that car into your posession. The guys at the bodyshop will prolly yank those parts, before you get a chance to. I don't trust anyone with my car parts.

Hey!!! A guy on here (in NC, I think) has a rolling body that he's looking to sell. Seems like a good use of two different cars to make one. I can't remember who it was.

Edit: It was "diablostang". His thread is two below this one, right now. "Remember ole Bessie?" is the thread. Hahahahahahaha!

i wouldnt leave anything in that car that they didnr pay for. Plus why let a tko 600, go to waste at a junker. get a stocker in there cut the shaft buy a blown or cracked one so its cheap or whatever. hell i would take it and leave a hole. "it fell off"