Got my car dynoed, looking for more power. (dyno sheet insde)

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Massachusetts
I did 6 pulls, I don't know why I don't have the 1st pull on the sheet though :shrug:

Anyways I just wanted to dial in my a/f ratio. I had to adjust the f/p after every pull, and it just went lower, which is good. I think I ended up around 12.0-12.8. Still a little leaner than I want, but I can bump the f/p a little more.

I think I did, OK, I guess. My guesstimate prior to the dyno was 320rwhp, and I was damn close :) I kinda want to get up to 350rwhp now. Which I "think" might be possible with a little here and there, but mostly in tuning.

My timing is at 10* (never touched it during the dyno, too busy with the a/f) with Autolite 23's @ .035", with 6psi.

So how did I do, any suggestions on some easy hp? I don't want to run any more boost, but IF I do, 8psi will be my max, until I get some rings for boost, then I'll be putting down some nice power ;)

http://blackfox.ath.cx/images/dynosheet.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Figure 6lbs of boost @60-70 hp on a decent short block. You did not mention your engine details so I assume forged pistons( blower friendly) with low compression, reconditioned rods at the least. With the ported stock E7 heads, explorer intake and a descent camshaft 260 at the wheels is respectable. add the 60-70 for the boost and you come out about right. Add some AFR 165s and a good intake, the 400 HP mark is realistic. Your numbers are not suspicious

I have stock replacement TRW pistons, which are forged aluminum. The compression is stock, I did have the orginal rods reconditioned, put in a windage tray and I have a Crane 2030 cam.

I don't really want to change the heads, and if I did they would be some variation of GT40. I can't afford aluminum heads. I'd like to take out the motor and maybe put better rods in, and better rings for the boost so I can run more without worry. But it's fine for now. I happy with how the power feels.

Since you cant afford aluminum heads, i would say that a good mod would to be an RPM intake. have that cleaned up a bit and you might see another 20-30hp. it might be a bit more blower friendly.

First and fore-most fix that lean problem in the low and mid range. Second, adjusting FP is a band aid fix and the eec could adapt those FP changes out and you'll be back to even more lean again. Either get a chip, a tuning device, an extender or try a pro m remote optimizer. Your too lean and you have blown head gasket potential easily and IMO, you'll pick up power with a good tune as they look low to me..