Got myself a Fathers Day present

Steel1

Mustang Master
Aug 18, 2017
Connecticut
I've been looking to recover my original sport seats in my 93GT, currently using a pair of 2001 cloth seats.
I was pretty well set on getting some factory interior opal gray cloth covers and had been waiting until someone
had a deal on them.
Monday I saw a set of Mach I style covers, black w/gray stripe, on closeout from CJ Pony Parts and
convinced myself to jump on them. They were normally $450 marked down to $313 w/free ground shipping!
I still need to get foams and now I forced myself to have to recover the rear seat to match but I'm in no rush,
the original seats were pulled out 5-6yrs. ago.
I always liked the Mach I style but didn't want to spend the $ , also I would have gone opal gray with black
stripe but those were the normal price. My interior has plenty of black from the factory so I think these will
look great.

Attachments

• IMG_20180627_151152132.jpg
    IMG_20180627_151152132.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

And.....installed...what a PIA !
Worked on these about 7hrs. Saturday and 1hr. today, I'm happy with the results though!
Tough getting old, my fingers and shoulders are killing me from pulling and stretching material.
Drivers side has new foam, passengers side didn't need it, not a perfect install but more than
adequate for a street cruiser.
It's definitely challenging, I Love the looks of the material but the TMI metal rod pockets
leave a little to be desired. The factory pockets are cut nicely and seem more heavy duty,
the TMI pockets have to be cut open and tear easily when installing rods.
Just need to get matching rear upholstery.....maybe next year when my hands heal..lol
IMG_20180708_110129070.jpg
IMG_20180708_110152095.jpg

Reactions: 2 users