Got some Cobra heads, should I put them on my GT?

Drew1287

Mar 13, 2003
Louisiana
A friend game me his stocks heads and all parts except intake off his 96 cobra. I am wondering if these heads will bolt up? Will my headers work with them? Basically my question is, is the blocks the same from my gt to a cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

your headers I know wouldn't work with cobra heads. The 4-valve would help power with the blower, and lower compression ratio just means to can up the boost a little more. From what little I've heard about the 2v-4v swap (which is very little) is there are quite a few modifications to be made, including some machine work. Whether it's worth it or not... I'd get a used or new 4v motor before I'd do it.

theoretically the heads will bolt up yes, however you will have to modify the cooling system, and it would be a good idea to use cobra spec water and oil pumps. you would need new headers, and also a new intake manifold. also it is a very very good idea to get the car tuned asap because your 2v computer wont know what the hell is going on.

Ok.. in one post you said "What do you mean they wont bolt up, I know they will bolt up fine" and two posts later you say "so nobody knows ANY specifics on wheather they will bolt up? I wanna know if it will work."

Make your mind up on whether you know you can do it or not..

Take the advice of yellow5.0cobra.. I don't think its worth it. Sell them and just buy a 4v motor if you want to go that route. I wouldn't bother personally.

Mike

ya i dont really think its worth it. you definately will see more power at higher rpm, however i think if you are taking your current heads off, either follow the advice of some and get them ported, or swap on a set of pi heads. however if you are gonna go boosted then you would want to consider a dish piston because the pi heads will increase your compression ratio