Got some questions regarding fuel setup on a 93 Cobra motor...

TomCat

Apr 19, 2005
Utah
Hey, so my 92 GT has the 93 Corba's engine in it and I'm a little stumped as to what the difference is. I know it has a different Intake mani on there, but how about heads? Fuel injectors?
Right now I have a very free flowing exhaust, shorties, K$N intake and cam. I was planning on buying a larger throttle body for more airflow and I was wondering if maybe it would lean me out too much. How big are the stock cobra injectors, and what size (if any) should I buy for my mods?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

Stock 93 Cobra inj are 24#, Cobra 70mm MAF (has to be used with a stock 93 Cobra computer) and a 65mm TB. The heads are cast iron GT40's.

The 65mm TB and 24# are fine for that set-up..

Awesome. Is there anyway to verify that they are actually the 24# injectors on there? Coloring or something? How about the heads? I just want to make sure this guy isn't playing me :)

Thanks again,

Brandon

grrr, it better not be :bang:
Any other way to check? I mean the engine was rebuilt, they put the cam in etc. Maybe he decided to go with 19s?? Unlikely....
Anyone have any ECU #'s marks on the heads, anything?

TomCat said:
grrr, it better not be :bang:
Any other way to check? I mean the engine was rebuilt, they put the cam in etc. Maybe he decided to go with 19s?? Unlikely....
Anyone have any ECU #'s marks on the heads, anything?
The heads will have GT cast into the front of them.

well its possible that he put the Cobra longblock in there but not all of the stuff that goes with it. When I had my 89GT, I bought a 93 cobra block and heads from a guy that put a DSS stroker moter in his car. I used the intake and fuel system components off my GT motor. The heads are OK but as far as I know there is nothing particularly special about the block. I have heard poeple say that they have a higher nickel content or somesuch but I call bull**** on that one.

Yeah, from what I understand, the blocks are the exact same. I'm just a little worried about the heads. I know they're not that much better at all, but it would still be nice to have em :)