Got the turd dyno'd today. Happy with the results.

Took the turd down to Thunder Autosports in Boynton Beach, FL today for a quick dyno tune. First time ever putting it on the dyno and I'm happy with the results. I had my fingers crossed for 260 and it did 270/306. Now I need to get to the track.

YouTube - 2004 Mustang GT Dyno Tuning

View attachment 204969
View attachment 204970
View attachment 204971
View attachment 204972

BBK Ceramic LTs
BBK Offroad H
Magnaflow Catback
75mm TB/Plenum
Steeda CAI
Steeda UD Pullies
FRPP 3.73s
Springs/Shocks/Struts/CC Plates/Subframes

• Sponsors (?)

exhaust tips gave it away

Those are impressive numbers for a bolt-on GT!!! Do you know what the SAE RWHP result was? SAE numbers are typically 1-5% lower than STD numbers. Not trying to take anything away from your results, I am just curious. If you are north of 260 SAE RWHP with those mods, that means you gained over 40 RWHP with your mods which is very impressive, especially given the fact that the word on the street is LT headers for a stock head and stock cammed PI 2V isn't worth much.

Took the turd down to Thunder Autosports in Boynton Beach, FL today for a quick dyno tune. First time ever putting it on the dyno and I'm happy with the results. I had my fingers crossed for 260 and it did 270/306. Now I need to get to the track.

YouTube - 2004 Mustang GT Dyno Tuning

View attachment 204965
View attachment 204966
View attachment 204967
View attachment 204968

BBK Ceramic LTs
BBK Offroad H
Magnaflow Catback
75mm TB/Plenum
Steeda CAI
Steeda UD Pullies
FRPP 3.73s
Springs/Shocks/Struts/CC Plates/Subframes

I had the same mods on my car and made the same HP, if you can drive you should hit low 13s with it.:eek:

exhaust tips gave it away

Those are impressive numbers for a bolt-on GT!!! Do you know what the SAE RWHP result was? SAE numbers are typically 1-5% lower than STD numbers. Not trying to take anything away from your results, I am just curious. If you are north of 260 SAE RWHP with those mods, that means you gained over 40 RWHP with your mods which is very impressive, especially given the fact that the word on the street is LT headers for a stock head and stock cammed PI 2V isn't worth much.

Haha I figured. I'm not sure man. He made a couple runs but both were about 270, didn't look for the SAE adjustment.

Car is throwing code 0405 though, EGR sensor A circuit low. He just ended up shutting it off altogether. Could it have anything to do with all the damn Marvel Mystery Oil that was sucked in through the vacuum to look for an exhaust leak? I bet you what didn't burn off is just caking my sensors. I already had an O2 sensor slow response, cleared that and it never came back.

I had the same mods on my car and made the same HP, if you can drive you should hit low 13s with it.:eek:

Nice man, I'm hoping for 13.5. Maybe I'll be surprised again. The car spins like ***** into second on the street, we'll see what happens on the track.

Just thought of it. Had a new guy go down to the track with NC State's drag strip club this past weekend with an 04 GT with almost the exact mods as you. Only difference is that he didn't have long tubes.

He ran a 14.1 with a 2.4 60'. He was on some little 245 width, $60 Walmart special tires, and it was his first ever trip to the track. So that 13.5 goal shouldn't be hard at all if you have a half-way decent tire and can drive it there.

Nice numbers man. I put down just under 260 (259.xx), similar mods minus the longtubes. I bet they help make a bit more power under the curve as well.

Your air fuel ratio is on the rich side for a naturally aspirated car. You could have probably squeezed a few more peak horsepower out by having it leaned out a little close to 13.0. Nothing wrong with how it is, it's safe.

Thanks alot guys. I worry alot when it comes to my car. Not only is it my daily driver that I rely on, but I take VERY good care of all my belongings so if one thing goes wrong I flip out haha This was a good reassurance that she's working like she's supposed to be :)

How do you guys feel about nitrous? It was mentioned during my debate on what path I should take with the car, with the $5k+ blower kit set aside.

Yeah I'm a real big fan of the Magnaflows Nick. They actually came on the car, and I've been through 2 Magnaflow X's (catted and O/R) before putting the LTs on and going with an H.

This was with an O/R X. I like the deeper sound of the H now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5D_yDo-KKY

I bet you might pick up a few HP with stock wheels.

Set those tires down to 18-20psi, and heat them up at the track. I ran 13.1's at 104mph in my gt with 264rwhp.