Got this car for free. Going to need a ton of work.

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, so you need floors and quarters. This is do-able. From what can be seen of the clip, it looks in decent shape and the car itself seems very straight. How are the shock towers and aprons? Torque boxes and frame rails?

The car appears to be an 8cyl. and may be a good doner car an I6 if it turns out to be beyond repair. But hey, a free donor car is hard enough to come by as it is, so you can't lose!

steel1212 said:
wanna sell the gauge cluster and gas cap :nice:

What year is the falcon?

'64 Falcon
100_2112.jpg

I love cars like that. Don't kill the Mustang. We have done up some nice "parts cars" here, and they are all still on the road.

John

Attachments

• 100_2112.jpg
    100_2112.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 81
krash kendall said:
Okay, so you need floors and quarters. This is do-able. From what can be seen of the clip, it looks in decent shape and the car itself seems very straight. How are the shock towers and aprons? Torque boxes and frame rails?

The car appears to be an 8cyl. and may be a good doner car an I6 if it turns out to be beyond repair. But hey, a free donor car is hard enough to come by as it is, so you can't lose!

Passenger rear frame rail will need to be replaced entirely (torque box as well) Drivers side will only need a the rear most section replaced. Front frame rails are good. Rockers are good, inner wheelhouses are good. Trunk floors are bad.

I really started ripping into the car last night and just when you think you have found all the rot, you find more. Someone had previously replaced the floors and a section of the lower drivers firewall and whoever did it should be shot. I am at a crossroads right now as if I want to even attempt this. I have the Falcon ready to be finished and I can finish her easy compared to what I need to do on this mustang, not to mention the $ I am going to have to buy in parts just to get the stang into a solid chasis.