Got this for free

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
Hey it's not a SC kit for my '03, but the price was right ($0). Perfect condition. Guy was going to throw it out. I'll use it someday when I get around to building that bad ass coup I've always dreamed about. I thought you guys might appreciate this more than the 4.6 mod crowd. (This isn't the actual one, just like the one I scored)

Attachments

• 85 GT Steering Wheel.jpg
    85 GT Steering Wheel.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Sponsors (?)

Sorry to thread jack but if the above is true, the one from my soon to be gone forever do to rust, 85gt would be up for grabs to anyone interested because my "new" 86gt just happens to have the same one.
And good score! Those wheels are tits compared to some of the others offered on these cars. By far better looking wheel. I did not know they were considered valuable however.

If it is an original Leather covered SVO Wheel they are worth a bunch. I would list it on Ebay to see what you can get. I heard that just that wheel and the leather shift knob will get about $500 to $600. Just a thought!!!

Nice find

If it is an original Leather covered SVO Wheel they are worth a bunch. I would list it on Ebay to see what you can get. I heard that just that wheel and the leather shift knob will get about $500 to $600.

It's not an SVO wheel; it's just a nice normal mid-'80s leather wheel. Not dime-a-dozen, but not as uncommon as an SVO wheel in like condition.

BTW, I saw an auction where some dingbat was willing to pay $280 for a beat up SVO intercooler, so retardedly high prices are not always indicative of the normal going rate.

Damn, i want one of those. They're exactly like the one i have on my car but with the circle bit in the middle and the imitation stitching around the edges. Pretty sweet find. I'll trade you a '79 Cobra steering wheel for it :lol:

Well poop, I have 2 pics of the actual one I was given but can't upload, it says I exceed the limit. 65Shelbyclone you are correct, not an SVO wheel, but if this isn't leather it's a nice imitation. Didn't intend to show you guys this in order to sell it, but if a fellow 'stang owner needs it, just PM me and I'll show you the pics. Like I said I thought it was a heck of a free score, so I was excited!:flag: Wish I still had my 87 black 5.0 LX, this would be shweet on it!