Graduation money..

SuperDucky9

May 15, 2008
SW MI
So im pretty sure I'm throwing most of my graduation money into my car..
Here's what i was thinking-
-2 core aluminum radiator from Mishimoto [Ive heard bad and good about them, but for the price and lifetime warranty, i cant ask for much more.]
-16inch electric fan from SPAL [2500cfm puller]
-FRPP Alum driveshaft
-75mm TB and EGR spacer from BBK [gotta see if i should even get the EGR spacer..]
-130AMP Alternator [for the addition of my electric fan, and to keep my lights from dimming from my subs hitting]
-High volume oil pump/HD driveshaft from Melling [mine might be going bad, and i might as well upgrade while im in there]
-A wrap for my intake tube to keep my air cool, and some tubing to bring air up from the lower part of the car and shot right into the filter..might even try to have it be a ram air..idk..
-Front slotted rotors from Powerslot [now i can throw my Hawk Pads on finally and have it bed in correctly. Ill have the rear disks turned and throw those Hawk pads on as well.

Basically, my upgrades will make the car faster, do it cooler, and most importantly, slow it down more efficiently. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I'd spend your graduation money on college...you'll need it and it will take you a lot farther than a radiator will.

Unless you aren't planning on going to college, in that case, ignore the above advice

college college college..
with that said. dont touch a high volume oil pump unless you have an 8 quart oil pan. it sucks it dry and actually starves the motor of oil.. there is no need for a high volume oil pump on a stock block with no work done to the oil veins.

So im pretty sure I'm throwing most of my graduation money into my car..
Here's what i was thinking-
-2 core aluminum radiator from Mishimoto [Ive heard bad and good about them, but for the price and lifetime warranty, i cant ask for much more.]
-16inch electric fan from SPAL [2500cfm puller]
-FRPP Alum driveshaft
-75mm TB and EGR spacer from BBK [gotta see if i should even get the EGR spacer..]
-130AMP Alternator [for the addition of my electric fan, and to keep my lights from dimming from my subs hitting]
-High volume oil pump/HD driveshaft from Melling [mine might be going bad, and i might as well upgrade while im in there]
-A wrap for my intake tube to keep my air cool, and some tubing to bring air up from the lower part of the car and shot right into the filter..might even try to have it be a ram air..idk..
-Front slotted rotors from Powerslot [now i can throw my Hawk Pads on finally and have it bed in correctly. Ill have the rear disks turned and throw those Hawk pads on as well.

Basically, my upgrades will make the car faster, do it cooler, and most importantly, slow it down more efficiently. :D

First off all sound very nice but some very unneccessary. Unless you have a leaking rad and high temps I wouldn't bother. Depending on your set-up now and if you have any drivetrain vibration you'll never notice a difference with the aluminum driveshaft. Personal experience.

Ram air set-up is also a waste of time, buy a nice Anderson powerpipe, maybe add some power and looks good under the hood.

Oh and don't go 75mm unless you have the intake and supporting mods to match.

college college college..
with that said. dont touch a high volume oil pump unless you have an 8 quart oil pan. it sucks it dry and actually starves the motor of oil.. there is no need for a high volume oil pump on a stock block with no work done to the oil veins.

Exactly. Don't put a high volume pump in, totally unneccessary as stated above, just put in a good quality one. Upgrade the pump shaft isn't a bad idea and cheap.

What's the set-up / plans for the car?

I'm curious to hear what the current engine setup is. Are you rebuilding the engine? Are you planning on already having it out and tearing it apart? You kind of make it sound like replacing an oil pump is an afternoon project.

When I was in college, my logic was: I'm going to be poor whether I spend money on car parts or not. Might as well do what makes me happy. And eat peanut butter crackers for dinner. :p

It's amazing how much everyone has been brainwashed to think that you will go through life miserable, poor, and depressed if you don't go to college....

Certainly makes it easier NOT to be miserable, poor, or depressed. :D Sure, some people get lucky or work hard and end up in an enjoyable, good paying job without ever going to college. But I can tell you about a few guys I know who didn't go to college and are still bagging groceries.

From-
Engine-Underdrive pullies; nitrous [took off- MIGHT be putting back on]; cold air kit [cheapo from American Muscle:notnice::notnice:]; Mallory powermaster coil; FRPP plug wires.
Exhaust-shorty headers, O/R Hpipe, magnaflows.
Handling/bracing-BBK Lowering springs[installed by PO/OO]; MM Strut tower brace/kmember brace/full length weld on subframe connectors/caster-camber plates; Pony wheels wrapped with Pirellis.
Brakes- Turbocoupe rear disk conversion.
Audio- High-end Pioneer deck, 2 10" RE Audio subs backed by 4000 watts from US Amps, door and rear Kenwood speakers.

Plans for the car... Be reliable, take corners well, stop well, be fast... in order of importance from left being most.

-Not doing TB yet, did some more research on it, and agree with you guys that it wont do much..
-Driveshaft i was told would make the car a little quicker as far as acceleration, but that money can be put into somewhere else also.
-My stock radiator has leaks, and i have to add about a gallon of water/colant a week.. so i figured id upgrade as a replacement, and go to an electric fan while i was at it.
-Front rotors are needed.
-Alt. is needed to keep up with subs and new electric fan.
-looks like a stock volume pump will be it.

From-
Engine-Underdrive pullies; nitrous [took off- MIGHT be putting back on]; cold air kit [cheapo from American Muscle:notnice::notnice:]; Mallory powermaster coil; FRPP plug wires.
Exhaust-shorty headers, O/R Hpipe, magnaflows.
Handling/bracing-BBK Lowering springs[installed by PO/OO]; MM Strut tower brace/kmember brace/full length weld on subframe connectors/caster-camber plates; Pony wheels wrapped with Pirellis.
Brakes- Turbocoupe rear disk conversion.
Audio- High-end Pioneer deck, 2 10" RE Audio subs backed by 4000 watts from US Amps, door and rear Kenwood speakers.

Plans for the car... Be reliable, take corners well, stop well, be fast... in order of importance from left being most.

-Not doing TB yet, did some more research on it, and agree with you guys that it wont do much..
-Driveshaft i was told would make the car a little quicker as far as acceleration, but that money can be put into somewhere else also.
-My stock radiator has leaks, and i have to add about a gallon of water/colant a week.. so i figured id upgrade as a replacement, and go to an electric fan while i was at it.
-Front rotors are needed.
-Alt. is needed to keep up with subs and new electric fan.
-looks like a stock volume pump will be it.
Well looks like you need to upgrade your front brakes, get some good shocks/struts, GET A PANHARD BAR, and some control arms, that will liven up your car into a new beast

It's amazing how much everyone has been brainwashed to think that you will go through life miserable, poor, and depressed if you don't go to college....

+1

A bachelors degree in some crappy major won't take you as far as a skilled labor or another good position which doesn't need a degree.

Even though I have a bs in engineering...my father who dropped out of hs in 10th grade still makes more cash than I do.