Griffin Aluminum Radiator (PICS)

cobraii74x

Aug 27, 2003
Altoona, PA
  • Sponsors (?)

189.90.. that was the overall.. Yes, we are fabbing up brackets.. and we figured we'd have to use the 77/78 radiator hose. I can get pics for you whenever we get things done and get it all complete.. just PM if you need to know anything

I picked a similar one up from Billy Graham Racing same price $189 shipped. Supposed to be here Monday. Is you car an auto, if so what size trannie cooler are you going to use? I also picked up a 2-qt. Stainless overflow tank to replace the plastic bottle and I'm replacing the motor driven fan with dual 10" electric fans.

Yes, my car is a C4 Jeffnoel. I am not sure about the trannie cooler.. probably a 2 pass that I am gettin for free off of a bud. I am also looking at replacing the old fan with an electric one, but not sure when that is going to happen

I will get pics and everything maybe this weekend ( depending on if anyone is at the garage or not ).. i am not sure about the trannie cooler.. tim told me about a dodge caravan having a decent one so whatever he says is best i will do :) he is the boss!

I have a spare 4 pass trans cooler that we are going to install. The fun part about this whole deal is that there are NO brakets at all on the radiator that he got. So it going to be a from scratch setup. But we have a plan. :nice: But I'm trying to figure out how to get him out of the garage so I can work on my projects too? :shrug: :D

It's all good. It's just fun to have someone to talk to at the garage at times. :banana:

Tim

It's starting to get a little II crowded!!! :rlaugh:
IM001623.JPG

jeffnoel said:
I also picked up a 2-qt. Stainless overflow tank to replace the plastic bottle and I'm replacing the motor driven fan with dual 10" electric fans.

I picked me up an overflow tank for my Cobra the other day, its a Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Whiskey bottle! :nice:

Now to figure a way to mount it.

Chris

I've been eyeing up the Griffin radiator in the Summit catalog for quite a while. I think you said in another post that you got the 22" wide version. I thought I measured right at 24" available between the frame rails. With the angle of the tanks near the bottom, what's the chance the 24" wide version would fit?

Also, in their print catalog it says they're for racing use only. On the website, if you click on the 22x19 it says Griffin radiators can be used for street or racing. If you click on the 24x19, it says Griffin radiators are designed for racing applications only. A bit inconsistent, but what's the difference? What makes a radiator 'racing use' only?

I'm anxious to see (plagiarize) your bracket setup.

I measured 23'' between the frame rails.. do you have a 74... im not sure if they are different but i measured a couple times and got around 23''.. of course i could be wrong :D.... I am still waiting to see the brackets tim fabs up for me.. ( most of the time I just watch him work.. ) i believe we are going to the garage today and i will take pictures for all of you guys

I'm not sure.. ? racing engines don't usually go through little streets and the stops and starts and etc.. but im not sure.. i do know that a racing engine generates alot more heat then my 302 ever will..soo.. we'll see what happens