Grill delete install problem

kingc

Nov 25, 2006
Spring/Houston, TX
I did a search for this but find anything really helpfull. Ive read that the bolts (4) on the bottom of the stock grill are 7mm but my 7mm socket is apparently too big, because it doesnt fit those bolts, i have a 2000 gt anybody know of difference in the bolt size on this year.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Okay i got the stock grill out, now the bottom piece of the new kit does not stay down, or flush with the bumper, is this why some people have used 2 side tape on this part or is that for some other part of the kit. Do i drill to use the same 7 mm bolts to keep the bottom peice tight against the bumper?

thanks

Okay i got the stock grill out, now the bottom piece of the new kit does not stay down, or flush with the bumper, is this why some people have used 2 side tape on this part or is that for some other part of the kit. Do i drill to use the same 7 mm bolts to keep the bottom peice tight against the bumper?

thanks

Get some good quality 2 sided tape and you're set.

2-sided tape is the easy way.

Hard was is to use plastic washers, cut down the 4 screws and screw them back into the lower grill peice.

I used the 2 sided tape. Been 3 years, still nice and flush

only problem with mine is the freakin factory clips are too short or somethin to hold the bumper cover, new black piece, and go thru the metal to keep it all down. the one side was fine but i used a bolt and nut for the other.

thanks alot i got and it looks great, only thing now and its really minor is that the peice that the new chrome pony screw to is still red, should I paint that part black? I may gave it a while to see if it is real noticable. the screws i used to fasten the pony piece are black so you cant see those.

thanks again always appreciate people chiming in...always a big help :SNSign: !!!

C.