Suspension Grinding/rattling after new shocks and springs

AnthonyA1234

Aug 17, 2020
Florida
Installed the maximum motorsports starter kit today and after driving it for the first time today the car makes a loud grinding/rattling noise. It’s honestly very hard to tell where it’s coming from but I feel I hear it more in the front. What should I check?

• Sponsors (?)

So today I went through everything again and tightened up a few things and I took it out on a drive and I got down the street good with no noises and I even did a little pull just to see if it would rattle and it was fine but then right after the pull it started making the noise again. It even started making a new noise now it rattles when I give it gas and then when I let off the gas and I’m just coasting it’ll make a knocking sound. The knocking sound is very clearly coming from the back so I’m thinking the rattle must be coming from the back Too. Could it be that when I dropped the rear suspension something didn’t line up properly when it was put back together? Or Could it just be the fact that the car isn’t aligned properly right now that’s making the noise?

Check the exhaust pipes, they may be hitting something like the floor, driveshaft, rear housing or fuel tank.
Yup just shook the exhaust and the passenger side pipe is rubbing on the floor. I’m gonna put something between them to damper it and see if that fixes it. Something else I was wondering, I flipped my quad shocks in order to fit my 275 tires. They’re bilstein quads. The quad shocks and the rear shocks are very close to each other. I know it’s very common for people to flip there quads so I’m guessing this isn’t an issue but just to make sure do you think that could be causing the noises I’m hearing? I don’t see any visual marks on either shock to indicate rubbing. As you can see the plastic boot does touch the quad put when I pull it away the metal part of the shock isn’t touching.

Attachments

• 88EC46D7-5A29-46A8-96F3-E9F10EB88F88.jpeg
    88EC46D7-5A29-46A8-96F3-E9F10EB88F88.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 37