Grrrrrrrrinddddd!!!!!!! Little problem

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Ok well for some odd reason when i start my car in the morning and go for my first drive about one out of 5 times when i put the car in third gear for the first time of the day i get a small grind.... it is a bit loud though.... but after that its gone untill like another week goes by and the grind is back lol.... any sugestions.... ????

• Sponsors (?)

i figured the syncros are worn out... i guess ill be needing a new trans.... could low trany fluid cause the problem??? and maybe the way the car sits once in awhile cause the problem.... because it only does it once in the morning...

i figured the syncros are worn out... i guess ill be needing a new trans.... could low trany fluid cause the problem??? and maybe the way the car sits once in awhile cause the problem.... because it only does it once in the morning...

Maybe but fresh synthetic fluid can always be good. The new synthetic stuff is really slippery and helps the syncros guide things together.

Anothter vote for the synthetic fluid (it's less viscous than a comparable conventional fluid - just what you need for the first shifts on a cold NJ morning). 3 quarts of your favorite won't be too expensive of an experiment (you could save your existing fluid in a container for some other T5 if you want. :shrug: ).

Good luck.