For Sale GT-40 3 BAR HEADS

rockyracoon

10 Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
margate NJ
Gt-40 heads for sale. Seem to be in good shape but I would send out for a valve job.
pulled from a 97 mountaineer. selling due to the fact that in my locale (PHILA PA) still does a tailpipe and visual and so without thermactor inlets and passages, I don't think my car will pass state inspection.

$85.00 for both heads plus actual UPS shipping . below is links to pics.
Note two exhaust bolts broken off but plenty of room to get vise grips on them. A little heat and they will come right off. matter of fact im going to see if I can get them out. what you see is exactly what the heads looked like at the u-pull it. never tried to clean em up.

19194449.jpg

19194434.jpg

19194436.jpg

19194437.jpg

19194441.jpg

20190130_200938[1].jpg

This last pic shows the exhaust studs from a different perspective and how much meat there is to grab.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

if someone wants to pick them up I will lower the price to $65. just want them out of my garage. shipping cost would be high due to the weight.
I once shipped a trans from phila to Kentucky and it was around $135.00

I may take you up on these, let me do some figuring and account rearranging and I'll let you know this weekend sometime - unless they're gone by then! Lmk!
Shipping to 30064 as an FYI.....

Ok lemme check on the shipping to your zip code. Should have answer by monday or tuesday. It will be UPS actual commercial price so it will be less than retail pricing. Quote will be from a family members commercial ups account. Im not looking to make money on the shipping. Just want them gone. I paid $125 from a u-pullit but thats the breaks.dont want to throw them out cause i gotta get something for them, even if I take a loss. Make sense ?

Last edited:
Makes total sense. Let me know what you come up with and we'll go from there. It may be another couple of weeks before I have enough $ now though, had an unexpected expense come up Saturday afternoon.

Any news on shipping charges? Payday is tomorrow. If I don't hear anything over the weekend, I have another project that I'm working on that takes precedence over the car so the money will disappear in fairly short order. Let me know what you come up with!