gt-40 intake

hey im just wondering how much better the gt-40 is over the stock intake....i have a gt-40 i can get for 20$ and i want to know if i should go with it for awhile before i get a edelbrock intake.....any info on how much extra power it gives and if for 20$ is it worth it just for the fun of it

• Sponsors (?)

Get it. It'll make nearly the same horsepower (within 1-5) of an Edelbrock Performer with a broader torque curve and most likely more torque. Supposed to flow about 5cfm lower one.

Ported it'll perform just as well as a Performer RPM.

You sure it's not an Explorer intake? Those get called GT40's quite a bit. I think the stock flows 126cfm and the GT40 is roughly 200CFM. Big difference.

If you don't want it I bid $50 cash.

5.0 Nostalgia said:
Is this for real? The GT40 intake is $600 new. Go get it, just make sure it's not cracked.

Dude! Don't tell him that- I was bidding :mad:

:p

That's okay, I got an Exploder intake, like said before- almost the same thing and even more with a spacer.

IntenseBlue said:
Explore flows the same as a GT40 on the lower and about 5cfm less on the upper from what I've seen.

That's nothin - less than the error factor or casting differences........they will make the same average power when put on the same engine. They vary ~2-4HP anywhere in the curve.

I got it put on, but we messed the timing up and fouled the plugs. I had to go to work and a buddy while I and a buddy were putting the plugs in. I told him to have someone follow him while he brings the car to me since I was only about 4miles away. He comes in about 2 hours later and tells me my throwout bearing went out and the clutch doesn't work. So I get a clutch and throwout bearing and go to put it in. Behold, teeth are missing off of my transmission gears. So, now in the hole saving for a clutch and transmission. The clutch I originally bought was just a OEM spec clutch from Zoom, so I took it back. Might as well do it right while it's out.

haha, 20$ wasnt a spelling mistake, it was off an explorer, i didnt get it because it was cracked. the person drilled a hole in the upper plenum:rlaugh: ,then welded it back up but it leaked......i was mad that he didnt think to disclose this info to me on the phone.....sorry boys, i dont know what he was thinking....:shrug:

well just got mine installed and can feel some difference. Don't have it off the ramps yet to drive it but I have a feeling my Sunday cruise is going to be a blast. Can see a big difference just with reving it and man am I excited, I'll post tomorrow morn when I get her out and unleash the fury :nice:

kpack5982 said:
well just got mine installed and can feel some difference. Don't have it off the ramps yet to drive it but I have a feeling my Sunday cruise is going to be a blast. Can see a big difference just with reving it and man am I excited, I'll post tomorrow morn when I get her out and unleash the fury :nice:

I'll be looking for that post.