GT40 tubular intake pics

Hey folks, so I was in the market for a sn95 cobra intake but ended up impulse-buying a polished tubular gt40 on ebay. If you've got any pics of this intake mated to an elbow adapter in our engine bays, please post them up, I'm trying to get an idea of how this is going to look. I may decide to flip the tubular and go cobra if I dont like the look of the adapter in there. Fox TB swap is out of the question too. Cheers! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have any pics but I will say the real GT40 intake looks so awesome, still my favorite looking intake, good choice :nice:. Much better then the knock off explorer GT40 intake that looks like a big pile of snot rags

I would not call the exploder a knock off as it was an OEM part used in another driveline never actually intended for a mustang and just as much a quality OEM part as the Cobra/Tube gt40. Knock off would be if it was produced by some other manufacturer to be sold to the mustang market as a copy of X. It is just not any kind of pretty without some elbow grease that is for sure. The best looking IMHO hands down is the tube gt40 but all of them are very close performance wise.

Every exploder, cobra intake in question is a real gt40 as they are all part of the gt40 family...just uglier versions.

They are all basically the same intake, so don't feel bad that you got a GT-40 instead of a Cobra. The GT-40 is the best looking, so consider it a plus.

Kurt

n22400449_35104558_744.jpg

I know its not a knock off persay b/c it is a OEM Ford part I was just never a big fan of taking off an SUV part and putting it on a stang as a power mod regardless of it performing similar to the Cobra/Tube GT-40

To some, I just think its an ugly POS but hey thats my opinion.

Some? Like it or not or realize it or not its all. I 100% agree the exploder is not winning any beauty shows that is for sure unless the snot is ground out of it. Factory powerplants were developed off of mixing and matching from their own stockpiles across lines, aftermarket companies worked to make things better from Frankenstein combos that worked, and Edlb got started with working flatheads. For the mustangs the first gt40 heads were updated from castings years prior, the first TFS intake was based off an F150 (search gliddens anteater intake). Its easy to loose sight of were things began...and hot rodding to all is fundamentally based off development from the first spark of ah-ha. Truck, sedan, coupe, hell the PI 4.6 parts on 98 F150's is an upgrade for non PI with the heads and cams being the exact same...the 3v 4.6 was in the F150 first...its still going on today as the soul, nucleus, center of our hobby as they are just now getting aftermarket 4.6 heads on the market from working off production pieces.

That sounds kind of like a bash...and its not...I am just amazed at how things develop and progress none of this is an island to itself with out good old fashioned hot rodding.

yes, I have an ugly POS intake :D...engine bay is a little dirty
6422320077_large.jpg

with the old intake plaque
6422320062_large.jpg

I think GT-40 and Explorer intake both look just as good as the Original Cobra intakes. And I think almost all the mustang motor started out as a truck motor except the 05-10 and 2011 5.0.

May be i am wrong,

By the way blksn955.o, Your Explorer intake looks good and cleaned up very well. Me likey :)

The truck had the 3v prior to the 05 mustang and the new F150 has the 6.2 so it probably will not get the 5.0 right away. I have not heard/read/seen the new F150 getting the 5.0...but then again I have not really looked either.

Hot air...me????...took out the timing advance based on temp/engine temp for WOT with the tweecerR/T and as far as cooling if I really want to I have -125* on tap to cool the charge just fine with the 150 or 175 shot.

Thanks hollywoodstang for the compliment

I would LOVE to weld in a panel and tube like Oink did and make it smooth...until I do that I am happy with the current setup.