gt40p head piston/valve clearence

lxhatch91

Jul 28, 2018
quebec
hi guy i want to put gt40p heads and b303 cam on my lx 1991 on the stock motor with upper and lower gt40 intake of corse im gonna change the spring and put roller rockers 1.6 but my question is do i need to check piston to valve clearence or i got enought space with this cam. thanks (how many hp i will gain)

• Sponsors (?)

The bcam should not cause a valve/piston clearance problem with 1.6 ratio. Instead of the cam swap, you might want to consider keeping the stock cam and jump up to 1.7 roller rockers. The jump to 1.7 will net just about the same lift as the bcam, slightly more than a b with 1.6 actually. The lower duration of the stock cam will help you retain better bottom end tq as well. If your MAF and TB are upgraded above stock, the stock cam will pull hard to the factory rev limiter which mine is at 6200rpm.

Heres a nice pedestal mount 1.7 kit. Change the springs and push rods too.

https://lmr.com/item/M6564A50/1979-...15pvdxe8VKnsFkE2zDpGdW9Qn8UUd-e8aArKvEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you do pull your stock cam, spray it down with WD40, wrap it in plastic and keep it. You might be surprised that someone want's to but it sometime, provided its in good condition.