GTO........

• Sponsors (?)

Black Foxx said:
The magnum and charger are far from a sports car or muscle car, their only avaliable with a automatic, the may have a hemi, but neither one is going to handle as well as the GTO or the Mustang.
Mmmm.... big car, four dours, automatic, big engine. That IS the classic muscle car. What you are perhaps thinking of is pony car. Or sports car. Three different classes of car.

Black Foxx said:
The magnum and charger are far from a sports car or muscle car, their only avaliable with a automatic, the may have a hemi, but neither one is going to handle as well as the GTO or the Mustang. The corvette is an awsome car, but it's 50K plus for the new Z06 and it still not the Camaro/Mustag niche kinda car...

The ZO6 is quite a bit more then 50K. In fact a new Vert Vette is more then that. I believe Carr Chevy had one for almost a 100K...

GTO is cool in terms of performance, and they are probably more balanced then most of us think. But again, most that dig performance also want to look cool to some degree as well. Hense the Ferrari's, there are quite a few models that are not fast at all, but they look freaking cool, so the market is there. GTO is too much like the Grand Prix IMO. I like the hood, but thats about it. Its the poor mans Corvette...as what I have been told anyways:D

03GTconv said:
They put a 05 GTO against a 05 Mustang Gt and the GTO one by only 2 tenths in the 1/4. Now the LS2 GTOs are a different animal.... running high 12s and low 13s with 405 HP

uh. what?

last season at woodburn, i was running my stock '05 GTO
another guy was running his (i'm assuming) stock '05 GT

my times were consistantly .7 and 7-8mph faster
and i didn't know how to drive the car at the time.. only 300 miles on it.
that guy probably didn't know how to drive all too well either. but that makes it fairly even for argument.
:shrug:

Darkness said:
The Aussie Ford cars look pretty much like the GTO. Same slick lines and a bland look.

Corvettes are associated to 50yo men because you dont spend enough time in vette forums.
Vettes are associated to 50yo men to me because I have eyes. I see at least 50-60% of vettes that drive around have 50+yo men driving them. Yes youngins have vettes and will post online, but if we polled how many 50+ yo men were posting of forums it would be nill. Your results are skewed.

fiveohwblow said:
Vettes are associated to 50yo men to me because I have eyes. I see at least 50-60% of vettes that drive around have 50+yo men driving them. Yes youngins have vettes and will post online, but if we polled how many 50+ yo men were posting of forums it would be nill. Your results are skewed.
It also has to do with the price of the car, how many youngins you see around driving porsches and ferraris? Not many huh? Older men in general have a better financial situation that affords them to get a vette/porsche/ferrari/viper/etc. kids out of college, probably no more morgage payment, stock investments....all helps to get a better car than say a mustang.

Darkness said:
It also has to do with the price of the car, how many youngins you see around driving porsches and ferraris? Not many huh? Older men in general have a better financial situation that affords them to get a vette/porsche/ferrari/viper/etc. kids out of college, probably no more morgage payment, stock investments....all helps to get a better car than say a mustang.
Very true, they do have much better budgets.:( Hopefully I will be outside the normal statistics a couple years after my college is over..:shrug:

fiveohwblow said:
Very true, they do have much better budgets.:( Hopefully I will be outside the normal statistics a couple years after my college is over..:shrug:
Same here, I'm looking at getting a brand new C6, I can get it for 2% under invoice with a GM supplier discount through my work, so I might just take that opportunity.

Saw a fairly young guy (late 30s maybe) driving a Modena the other day (ferrari 360, if i remember their number system right).

I was thinking he must be a "car guy", until I saw him give a big thumbs up to an Escalade with 24s at the light. (pacific rim & 164th) That and him stuffing the thing up against the rev limiter in the first two gears trying to be cool..., reassured me that he was just another yuppie a**-bag, with more money than brains.

Nice car though.

DD
:nice: :flag: