Guess my 1/4 times

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
I may be taking the GT out to the track next week for the first time in a long while. Actually, the first time in just over 2 years! I thought I would give everyone a chance to guess what I will run. :D

Last time out, I had a K&N, offroad H, and threw the nittos on for fun, but my clutch was getting a bit old and was slipping pretty bad between shifts and on the launch... best of 14.4 @ 94mph of two passes before giving up to make sure I could keep driving her. I can usually run consistent 14.4's at 94-95mph, but my best was 14.2@96mph in some nice cool weather.

Since then, I have replaced the clutch with a RAM HDX clutch, added a PI intake, PI cams, and I just put my tweecer back on. The transmission was freshened up and shifts a bit nicer, but I was power shifting before too. ;) Using the TwEECer, I smoothed out the AFs to a consistent 13:1 and added 5* of timing across the board. Other mods include a drop in K&N (big powa), an offroad H, and some underdrive pulleys.

So what do you think I will run on street tires? (all season continentals that are a few months old).

What if I decide to bolt the nittos on? The nittos are kinda old and didn't hook up the 4cyl very well last time I was out...

I'll let everyone make a few guesses before I give my predictions.

• Sponsors (?)

I am hoping for a high 13.9 on street tires, and a 13.8 on the nittos. The nittos are about 4 years old by now, and the best I could do on the 2.3 was a 1.9, down from 1.7s that I was running before...