Guys, I Need Some Opinions On A Build.

1. Everyone shoves a ls into everything, wanted to go a different route.
2. In the beginning it was suppose to end up cheaper, not turning out to be that way. 3. t5s are wayyyy cheaper than t56 also less modification to transfer tunnel.

I'll admit, they're not particularly good reasons, but they're my reasons lol.

• Sponsors (?)

1. Everyone shoves a ls into everything, wanted to go a different route.
2. In the beginning it was suppose to end up cheaper, not turning out to be that way. 3. t5s are wayyyy cheaper than t56 also less modification to transfer tunnel.

I'll admit, they're not particularly good reasons, but they're my reasons lol.
Well a SBF can be made every bit as good as a lsx, but I would abandon the t5 and go for a cobra or better yet viper spec t56

Why not just have the Heads of the mountaineer motor hot tanked and cleaned up. You'd essentially be buying aluminum versions of the same head for minimal gains.

Why not just have the Heads of the mountaineer motor hot tanked and cleaned up. You'd essentially be buying aluminum versions of the same head for minimal gains.

I'm believe the turbo swirls have a little more flow, but yeah basically. I think I'm just going to spend the extra couple hundred on the twisted wedge set. Found some Keith black hypers I'm looking to get in the next couple paydays and there will give me my rotating assembly.

Last edited:
20170511_082426.jpg 20170504_083157.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
The engine looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the B50 block? Those things are impossible to find nowadays and usually have been subjected to lots of power.

I paid $800. Still brand new, never ran with stock bore. Also had the bottom end studed already. I'm honestly not sure what the going rate is for them now, but I feel like I did ok on it. And thanks a lot of work has gone into building from a bare block.