Had the Bird painted....

Vinnietbird

Jun 2, 2005
I know it's not a Stang,but it's still a Fox. Kind of like the Stang's big sister...LOL...The color is Dupont Green Effect.My wife picked it out while I was tearing the car apart for paint. I still have to swap on the black door trim and add the emblems,black trim on the bum,pers,side moldings in front of and behind the wheels.The middle trim is staying off.I should have it all done by the end of next week.

Before....
000_1034.jpg

After...
DSCF9198.jpg

My ThunderStang center caps (represent the Mustang drivetrain in the Thunderbird)..........
DSCF9203.jpg

Attachments

• 000_1034.jpg
    000_1034.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF9198.jpg
    DSCF9198.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF9203.jpg
    DSCF9203.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll be painting the drums as well.I have quite a few little chores.In addition to what I said above,I have NOS 1/4 windows,c-pillar emblems,and a few other pieces that I have to install.One piece at a time.

that thing is going to be awesome when it's done man... i'm slowly falling in love with fox body t-birds, could you PM me some good forums or links to sites with pics of nice t-bird projects?? i mean, if you can find the time, if not don't worry about it

and keep the pics coming!

Chris :nice:

Nice, the fox 'birds rock, :nice: I thought about that if something were to ever happen to my car (God forbid) I might consider doing body swap into a T-bird and maybe put a SN95 dash in it. Or if I had the place and the money I would just build one.

We had an '84 T-bird back in the day as the family car, it was driven just about in every state east of the Mississippi and some west of it too; I wish I had it now.

Nice car...Icant wait to see the color outside...in the lite...:nice:..I had 5 T-bird turbocoupes...An 84..85..86..87..88...lol...i really loved those cars...In 1986 my i had my permit my parents were thinking of getting a new car for Mom and I to share bascilly it was going to be mine she didnt drive much well i wanted the new 86 Mustang GT...just hit the show room floors we looked so bad for them they were gone in seconds and the ones we did find the had a crazy mark up on...So I ended up with a brand new 1986 black turbocoupe 3spd auto yeah weird it was a 3sp...3.55's the car had spunk it was no GT but it did move very good for what it was...A few months later my cousin pulls up in an 86 black Mustang GT 5spd t-tops...loaded...god did i hate him...he had that car for yrs until it got hit really bad by a girl that went thru a stop light...he got rid of it after that it was never the same...So after the 86 was gone i really loved the T-bird so i kept getting them...LOL.....Always wanted a GT so i found an 85 a 1yr ago bought that it wasnt my cup of tea so i bought my 93 GT convertible i really love this car...LOL....:nice:

Thanks guys.More pics as progress happens.It was a $250.00 salvage yard car.It's slowly coming around.I have NOS 1/4 windows,fog lights,chrome trim for the bumpers,emblems,etc.I have to get to my friend's garage to do the work.Too cold outside right now.I've also got some springs to lower the front end a couple of inches.She sits higher than stock after the exhaust swap,5 speed conversion,a/c and smog delete.It is up there.I'll install them once I change out the strut mounts.I notched the rear bumper so i could raise the exhaust.I like the overall look.I'll get some sunny day pics tomorrow of the work in progress.The link to the Thunderbird forum is as follows.............

Fox T-Bird/Cougar Forums - Powered by vBulletin