hard cold starts

Sage427

Sep 27, 2004
guys i'm sure that has been posted awhile back, i done a "search" but couldn't find it. I think it was wiped out from the server crash.

I know it could be a crap load of things but what is the basic reason that this happens???

i've noticed about 3 weeks ago (i bought my car in Feb) when my car has been sitting for about 24hrs, and i get in to start it, i have to turn the key a bit longer to get the engine to finally turn over!!! AND THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONE SINCE THEN WAS HAVE A K&N AIR FILTER PUT ON!!! the engine acts as if its not getting enough fire?! but surely the sparks plugs on a 17k mi car/truck would be fine and dandy right!? i checked the battery connectors and used a wire rotary brush to clean off what little corrosion was on it, but that still didn't help. I mean it could be anything from the manifold all the way back to the fuel cell for all I know :shrug: ! is this a common problem!?

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='03 6-Speed]did you check the voltage and amporage of the battery?[/QUOTE]

'03 6-Speed,

hmm.........i haven't check that yet, good call though, b/c I really think the problem is coming from lack of amps/fire. i'll also double check my spark plugs and wiring as well.