Harmonic Balancer question

Hey guys,

I think my HB might be giving out soon. When the car is in idle, it makes a rattling sound. Mechanics are telling me that it's my u/d pulleys but that's impossible. Another has said that it could my the water pump pulley hitting against the waterpump but that's also impossible. I'm pretty damn sure it's the HB. Any other things I should look for, to make sure that it really is the HB?

• Sponsors (?)

Check to see if it has a wobble to it at idle. I only say that because mine is bad right now and it wobbles pretty bad. It's definately not something you want to wait on fixing though because could cost some major $$$$$.

Itwill look like its wobbling even if its fine. There is a groove cut in it and it will look like its wobbling bad.

Check the timing, if its WAYYY off then its bad. Or feel for rubber sticking out.

Hey guys,

I think my HB might be giving out soon. When the car is in idle, it makes a rattling sound. Mechanics are telling me that it's my u/d pulleys but that's impossible. Another has said that it could my the water pump pulley hitting against the waterpump but that's also impossible. I'm pretty damn sure it's the HB. Any other things I should look for, to make sure that it really is the HB?

why do u say it is impossible to be ur under-drive pulleys...if there is a loose bolt on one it could definitely rattle...good luck man