Harmonic Balancer troubles!!!!

fox04

Mar 6, 2011
augusta, ga
Ok well i posted on here yesterday that i was going to swap my blancer out. Well today i got everythingi needed and went to take the 4 bolts that hold the crank pully to the balancer and could only get 2 off. They were VERY tight. The other 2 will only round out so i stopped. Very frustrated:mad:. I can not get a socket aroung the bolt because there is not enough room and the wrench rounds it off. Idk what else to do. Anyone else had this problem.?

• Sponsors (?)

may have to take a socket and grind it down till its very thin and see i you can get it on the bolts that way. i have the allen head bolts on mine and love them.

Lots of penetrating oil. You could heat it with a torch and see if that will help break them loose, as well. You don't have to worry about damaging the current balancer, if you're replacing it anyway.

Do you have a breaker bar? If you haven't even gotten the pulley bolts off yet I dont know how your going to get the crankshaft bolt out. I would just get a huge breaker bar and go at it. Dont worry about breaking the bolts if you are just going to replace the balancer. Break em off if you need to and remember to use antiseize when putting it back together.