Has Anyone Rebuilt A Procharger P600

krazedstang

15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2009
Streamwood
I've come across a P600 head unit for virtually nothing. It needs to be rebuilt, has anyone done this? I'm debating weather or not I want to tackle this on my own or send it to Procharger. I've heard it's fairly easy except pressing out the impeller shaft. Any input is much appreciated!
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_20130825_173517_119.jpg

I personally would steer clear. The reliability of procharger in general is mediocre at best when they are new. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but the tolerances inside of a cintrifigul are very exact due to the high impeller rpms. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw 50,000 rpms with that impeller. If it has touched down on the volume at all, forget it. The impeller balance needs to be gone over not to mention possible volume machining. No one I know has ever had any longevity with a unit they have attempted to rebuild themselves. Just my .02 cents

I decided to look over my P600 yesterday a little bit, and this is looking more like a fancy paperweight more and more, I don't like how this impeller shaft looks like someone took a grinder to it. IMG_20131202_211822183.jpg IMG_20131202_211843935.jpg
IMG_20131202_211822183.jpg
IMG_20131202_211843935.jpg

I have a P1SC that broke an impeller blade and pushed it through the housing (I got it for free). I talked to several people and Procharger included. You can have the cracks in the housing welded back together if they aren't too bad. They quoted me $1500 to rebuild it. They said they would even upgrade it to the D1SC for the same price.

I would call them and describe what you are you dealing with exactly and even send them some pics and see what they say. Couldn't hurt.

I have a P1SC that broke an impeller blade and pushed it through the housing (I got it for free). I talked to several people and Procharger included. You can have the cracks in the housing welded back together if they aren't too bad. They quoted me $1500 to rebuild it. They said they would even upgrade it to the D1SC for the same price.

I would call them and describe what you are you dealing with exactly and even send them some pics and see what they say. Couldn't hurt.
This in my opinion is where you start to see the difference in Vortech over Procharger. Vortech will not repair a cracked unit, period since it is only leading you down another road to failure. Procharger does a great job of advertising in my opinon and that's it. Ask some of the big name racers that run prochargers how many blowers they destroy a year or how may spares that have in the trailer?

Reactions: 1 user
This in my opinion is where you start to see the difference in Vortech over Procharger. Vortech will not repair a cracked unit, period since it is only leading you down another road to failure. Procharger does a great job of advertising in my opinon and that's it. Ask some of the big name racers that run prochargers how many blowers they destroy a year or how may spares that have in the trailer?
Learned something new today. I didn't know that pro chargers had problems. Good to know.

The One I had lasted several years as a daily driven car that saw heavy abuse at the track before that happened (and logging 10,000+ miles per year). I know everyone's experience is different but, I think I got my money's worth.

Reactions: 1 users