Has anyone used TCPs Bump Steer Kit?

mjg407

May 9, 2007
I ordered the TCP Bump Steer kit, and after several hours on the phone, TCP stated that I must have grenada spindles. If that is true why does the stock tie rod ends bolt right up and doesn't the grenada geometry equal 67-70 Mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

TCP said they HAD to be Granada spindles? They make Bump Steer kits for everything BUT Granada spindles. They offer 65-66, 67-69, and 70-73. The 70-73 kits would probably work with Granada spindles but the taper of the tie rod is a little different. That is the difference between the kits, the tie rod taper/diameter.

TCP said they HAD to be Granada spindles? They make Bump Steer kits for everything BUT Granada spindles. They offer 65-66, 67-69, and 70-73. The 70-73 kits would probably work with Granada spindles but the taper of the tie rod is a little different. That is the difference between the kits, the tie rod taper/diameter.

That's right, you need to order the bumpsteer kit based on the year of the spindle, not the year of the car.

Tim

If I'm reading this right. TCP had deduced that the OP has Granada spindles.

Now the OP is asking, that if he does in fact have Granada spindles, why do the stock tie rod ends fit?

The OP is also asking if the 67-70 Mustang geometry is the same as the Granada.

If I'm reading this right. TCP had deduced that the OP has Granada spindles.

Now the OP is asking, that if he does in fact have Granada spindles, why do the stock tie rod ends fit?

The OP is also asking if the 67-70 Mustang geometry is the same as the Granada.

I think the "stock tie rods" are not the original tie rods. I think a previous owner swapped spindles and also purchased the correct tie rods end for the spindles, thus they are really the current tie rod ends, not necessarily original.

mjg407, can you give us any more information?

Tim

I think the "stock tie rods" are not the original tie rods. I think a previous owner swapped spindles and also purchased the correct tie rods end for the spindles, thus they are really the current tie rod ends, not necessarily original.

mjg407, can you give us any more information?

Tim
Sorry all, been a way. I purchased new tie rod ends for a 68 mustang and they bolt right up. The taper on the TCP kit is such that they don't fit correctly. TCP swears that they sent me their Bump Steer kit for the 68, but I was trying to see if anyone had any experience using them or if they know how I can figure out what spindles are currently on my car. The previous owner installed the disk brakes.