has anyone used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Someone just did a thread about it look down or on page 2

:nono: Whoever "scarebird" was, he's been **** canned from this forum for posting that thread. He and the thread are history. I wouldn't bolt on stamped steel caliper brackets on a go cart and then trust my life to them. :rolleyes: Ford used cast iron caliper brackets for a reason. They don't flex, vibrate, or crack from vibration. That would be a neet experience.........driving cross countrry with them, then while descending a steep grade or slamming on the brakes at a busy intersection, only to find that the calipers aren't attached to the spindles any longer.

:nono: Whoever "scarebird" was, he's been **** canned from this forum for posting that thread. He and the thread are history...

One of the unfortunate things about the internet is any fool with access to an IP can post whatever stray thoughts are bouncing around their empty heads. To paraphrase Twain or somebody wittier than me the rumours of my banning are premature.

Hearne's understanding of engineering is as flawed as his information of my banning. This new design is a simple, flat plate - nothing is stronger. The load is contained to a single plane - no twisting or bending can occur. His simpleminded twaddle about vibration and cracking are just that - obviously he has not been to a track and noted all the tubular control arms; they undergo far greater stresses and loads than a brake bracket and there they are...

Thank you to my customers and friends who emailed me about this thread.

i dont have any personal experience with scarebirds systems, yet, but except for a few early issues with their six cylinder hubs, and a few other minor issues, scarebird puts out a very good product. i just wish they would come up with an 11" front rotor for six cylinder cars.:D:D

If you can get 4 others committed we can make it happen.

should i start with DH? and can you recommend a good asylum?:rlaugh::rlaugh:

i would think that it would take just a bit of research since you already have 11" rotors for V8 cars. i have done some research, but i have yet to find a brake rotor with four lugs that is 11" or so.

One of the unfortunate things about the internet is any fool with access to an IP can post whatever stray thoughts are bouncing around their empty heads. To paraphrase Twain or somebody wittier than me the rumours of my banning are premature.

Hearne's understanding of engineering is as flawed as his information of my banning. This new design is a simple, flat plate - nothing is stronger. The load is contained to a single plane - no twisting or bending can occur. His simpleminded twaddle about vibration and cracking are just that - obviously he has not been to a track and noted all the tubular control arms; they undergo far greater stresses and loads than a brake bracket and there they are...

Thank you to my customers and friends who emailed me about this thread.

My thinking is flawed ? :rlaugh: You obviously don't have any concept of the stresses uinvolved here. There's no vibration ? :bs: Heat plays no role ? :bs: I've got 35 years of practical, hands on experience dealing with and seeing firsthand what happens to poorly thought out, poorly engineered products. Yours is one such. Yes, a simple flat piece of steel is strong when subjected to stress in a fashion yours is intended to be. BUT, you've failed to realize there's more stress involved here when the vehicle is in motion. You've got massive amounts of heat generated when the brakes are applied, plus vibration. Both are well known to weaken even the strongest steel. Your puny thin flat plate is a poor choice to combat this. As is your throwing in the bit about tubular control arms, that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. (I've seen tubular steel break too, many times ) As for my comment about your bannning, how come that thread you started was deleted by the Mods ? There's no trace of it to be found here. You're obviously doing something that's not allowed here in selling your product. ;)

...I've got 35 years of practical, hands on experience dealing with and seeing firsthand what happens to poorly thought out, poorly engineered products. Yours is one such...

Yes, a simple flat piece of steel is strong when subjected to stress in a fashion yours is intended to be...

*sigh*

So which is it? You are talking out of both sides of you mouth here.

Please elaborate exactly what you did for 35 years to qualify you to judge the engineering here - and kindly use that "knowledge" to explain to us how a 0.240" piece of flat steel is going to fail.

We're waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.