Having a seriously annoying issue and need help

01BlkGT

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
ATX
Okay, so I was getting my car ready for the blower and decided to take off the pullies, t/a, C&L maf kit. Well after letting the computer reset itself, I drove the car around and found that it has developed a serious bucking issue at 2000rpms when just cruising at a constant rate of speed or when I slower down enough for the rpms to go below 2000rpms and the speed up again it bucks.

It almost feels like the engine is just plain shutting off and b/c it's at speed and the clutch is out it recovers and restarts itself. A few times when looking down at the tach, I saw the rpms drop when it bucked (I assume it would have read zero if the car didnt catch itself). Any ideas what is going on? I even went so far as to take off the C&L plenum and 70mm tb so the car is completely stock minus the LT's, mid-pipe, catback, and the only non-original part on the car now is a new OEM balancer bolt with washer in which I torqued down to factory specs. Any ideas of what the problem could be? Could there be a problem with the factory balancer being out of balance causing this issue? All the connections seem to be connected, there are no codes being thrown, and the car drives like normal at all other rpms, loads, and conditions. I'm stumped :(

• Sponsors (?)

Disconnect the EGR valve vacuum hose and plug it. Tell us if the problem goes away. If it does, then you have joined the club for the EGR hitching problem. There is another thread related to this same problem. Let us know if it has an effect. Oh, afterwards, you can disconnect the battery for a minute and then reconnect the hose to get rid of the EGR SES light that will eventually come up if you continue to drive with the EGR off.

BTW, nobody has yet to find a fix for this problem. :(