head unit upgrade question

where the six speaker amplified package is concerned, has anyone resolved the matter of losing the door speakers when using the wiring harness on an aftermarket head unit? i have a vert with a soon to be loud exhaust and i cannot lose those speakers! wondering if anyone has found a solution short of adding an amp?

one alternative, is there a ford CD player that replaces the tape deck? anyone know what model or serial number ford cd player would work?

thanks,
woody

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about wiring up a Aftermarket unit to the 6 channel factory wiring (by-passing the amp?) If so, just go to www.crutchfield.com and ask them for the amp bypass wire adaptor. It's just a plug and play operation with that and you get to retain all 6 speakers (4 fronts and 2 rears)

Although, I can't hear anything out of mine with the top down on the highway so what is the point? :lol:

i'd run with a damn pioneer premier head unit.. premium of course.. then some kenwood or pioneer cross overs.. if you want to just run some cross overs which would work the same.. simple as that..

woody's bullitt said:
i was under the impression that with crutchfield's harness which bypasses the amp you only get 4 speakers, not all six. is this incorrect? can someone clarify this?

i just put in a pioneer deh3800 with the crutchfield kit, and have used the same wiring harness in my old stang. it has two options, one for a non-amped car, and one for a car with the factory amp. the factory amp option just plugs into the squarer speaker plug going from the speakers to the amp, as well as a longer one-line power connector. all 6 speakers work with it, its really very simple to do, the hardest thing to do is drilling holes in a factory dash.

Chuckman said:
i just put in a pioneer deh3800 with the crutchfield kit, and have used the same wiring harness in my old stang. it has two options, one for a non-amped car, and one for a car with the factory amp. the factory amp option just plugs into the squarer speaker plug going from the speakers to the amp, as well as a longer one-line power connector. all 6 speakers work with it, its really very simple to do, the hardest thing to do is drilling holes in a factory dash.

I am going to do this in the near future, but I think I managed to figure out a way not to drill holes in my dash. I bought a 93 Cobra R radio delete panel, it fits in the stock location and then all I have to do is cut the delete panel out to install the A/M Stereo thus avoiding drilling any holes!!!

Shakerhood said:
I am going to do this in the near future, but I think I managed to figure out a way not to drill holes in my dash. I bought a 93 Cobra R radio delete panel, it fits in the stock location and then all I have to do is cut the delete panel out to install the A/M Stereo thus avoiding drilling any holes!!!

ive never seen the delete panel, so im not sure how it works, but i know i had to trim down the inside of the console just a bit to get the headunit's bracket to fit in,so if the delete panel just snaps in, i dont thing thats going to work. like i said, ive never seen it before, so im not sure, but something to think about while youre still in the planning stages.