Headers........??

QuickStangGT

Aug 23, 2005
Midland, TX
OK, I am hopefully going to be installing some headers soon, and I would like to know how much of a pain it's going to be? Am I going to have to pull the motor? What headers would ya'll recommend? Would it be better to get long tubes, and a shorter mid pipe, or just get the longer midpipe and get shorty headers? Help...!?!?!?!:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have LTs and they sound :drool:

If you get shorties youll always wish you got the LTs and if you get tuned lenght they are almost as hard to get in as the LTs so bottom line do it right the first time.

csledd said:
get LTs!! lol I love mine. No you don't have to pull the motor but yes, it's going to be difficult and time consuming. just give yourself plently of time, go slow, and use the internet as your tool :)

The video helped alot!!! I liked the way it sounded as well!! So you just disco'd the front end and installed from the wheel well. I have heard of people pulling the motor just to do it, but your way seems a little better. Thank you very much for the help, and I am sure I will be asking some more questions once I get the parts!! Thanks!! :nice:

I got the BBK LT's and it was a pain to install on the ground. We didnt pull the motor, but we had to take the pass side motor mount off, and loosen the drivers so we could jack the motor up about 4 inches. It gave us just enough room. The bigest pain was messing with the starter. Invest in the stage 8 locking header bolts, they work really well.

i am getting ready to install my flowtechs on my 98 auto. Is there any videos anywhere i can watch? i have the heads almost out i am wondering if i should wait and drop k member or can i do them from top? i have to install new motor mounts too.