Headlamp lens Question?

cc1931

Apr 24, 2004
Chicago
my 96's headlight lens isnt clear. Its more like a smoked color...its not a cover either this is how it has been since it was new. I want to kno if there is a new cover that you can buy to make it CLEAR...so that my night driving visibiity may be increased.

does anyone else have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, but I drove the 'stang through a flooded street, and condensation clouded the lenses. I tried some 1500-2000 grit sandpaper , followed by some plastic cleaner. That helped some. I have taken the headlights off a couple times to see if I could remove the clear lens and get the condensation out, but no dice.

The replacement headlights are over $ 200, even on e-bag.

:shrug:

I just odered a set of cobra headlights off of ebay. Total price on them is 141.90 with shipping. Waiting on them to come in sometime this week. I will post on here when i get them in to let you all know how good the quality of them looks.

I picked mine up from procarparts.com (advertised on ebay). I'm happy with them:

stang1.jpg

THAT IS JUST ABOUT WHAT IM LOOKING FOR!!! now...i went to the site...but whihc ones are they? lol are they just the OEM W/O Cobra clear corners...or are those the Euro style all clear cobra headlights?

one more ? about those...are your turn signal bulbs Amber? or are they just clear bulbs+clear corners...any other pics would be great?

Jake795 said:
I just odered a set of cobra headlights off of ebay. Total price on them is 141.90 with shipping. Waiting on them to come in sometime this week. I will post on here when i get them in to let you all know how good the quality of them looks.
I got them, they look great. Links in my sig if you want to have a look.

cc1931 said:
THAT IS JUST ABOUT WHAT IM LOOKING FOR!!! now...i went to the site...but whihc ones are they? lol are they just the OEM W/O Cobra clear corners...or are those the Euro style all clear cobra headlights?

one more ? about those...are your turn signal bulbs Amber? or are they just clear bulbs+clear corners...any other pics would be great?

Here's the link:
http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD94MT-1436HCX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

I used the amber turn signal bulbs in the clear corners, works fine.