Headlight Harness Install

nos707

Sep 25, 2005
UK
I just recieved my universal headlight harness from suvlights.com but I didn't get any instructions with it? :shrug:

I dont do alot of electrical work, so I just want to check a few things!

I guess its fairly strait forward...plug in all the headligt sockets, but where do I put the relay's etc? Can I put them in the wrong place?

Has anyone else used this harness in a fox?

I could really do with some stangnet help here! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm getting ready to build one of those harnesses with parts I got from the junkyard and the wal mart. I hope its going to make my headlights noticeably brighter.

Yours should be easy, put the power wires on the starter solenoid or battery, and put the headlight grounds where the factory HL grounds are, which is on the radiator support. Just put the relays where they 'fit' in the engine bay, probably around the battery somewhere depending on how much wire they gave you.

The new harness replaces everything; the factory headlight switch is only going to act as a 'trigger' for the new relays. The new relays will get the signal from the single female headlight connector on the new harness. Then the relays will switch over and give power to the headlights directly from the battery.

...instead of going from the battery, through the firewall, through the headlight switch, back through the firewall and to the headlights. A lot of power is lost going trough all that wiring making the lights not as bright as they could be.